Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the UK, Europe and Japan? Come and join the fastest growing rail business in the world!
As a global provider of total railway solutions, Hitachi Rail Limited has a growing international presence and product range. We are leading the largest rail modernisation project in UK history and delivering the UK’s next generation of rolling stock. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
Your new role
We are currently looking to recruit a Contract Performance Technician based in York. This role is responsible for the investigation of class 800 allocated delays and subsequent actions under the delay attribution process.
You will be the first point of contact for LNER & Network Rail within the control room for Class 800 Technical Incidents attributed on TRUST. Also the post holder will be the main point of contact in Central Planning Cell for delay attribution and fleet performance. This is a permanent position and will be working a rotating shift pattern.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Undertake the role of “Maintainer Control Room Contact” as set out in the TSA Contract.
- Support the customer with the management of all class 800 fleets while in service
- Act as initial point of contact for Delay Attribution interfaces at the East Coast Integrated Control Centre.
- Utilisation of control room operational management systems (Genius/P2/TRUST) and Hitachi`s SAP based maintenance management systems.
- Co-ordinating the development of the maintenance plan to ensure relevant and significant delay incident follow up work is captured.
- Monitoring TRUST to ensure efficient follow up is undertaken once a class 800 allocated delay event occurs.
- Produce performance reports for the business and support performance review meetings
Input of delay related information directly into Hitachi SAP based maintenance management system
Capturing in service maintenance requirements from the operational fleet.
Undertake initial delay investigation with support from the train maintenance centres, control room staff and technical riding inspectors.
Dispute delays directly with the LNER delay attribution team or directly into Bugle
Liaise directly with the CPC Central planning Cell to obtain route cause analysis for delays, present this to the LNER delay attribution team to facilitate reallocation of delay minutes.
Produce the necessary daily, weekly and monthly delays KPIS and monthly delay minutes.
Undertaken Class 800 Technical training as required.
Participate in Level 1 and Level 2 attribution reviews
Undertake “day 8” review of accepted Class 800 delays with participation from the engineering team
Access and direct input and recording into the associated control room logs.
Monitoring the fleet in service to ensure limited impact on the customer passenger operation and short / long term maintenance plans
- Delivery of the operational maintenance plans to be undertaken by the associated maintenance depots ensuring train are delivered to depot as planned.
- Develop professionally and support good working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Learn new skills in accordance with Hitachi’s new business demands as required.
- Liaise with Hitachi and external personnel as required to complete the duties of the post.
- Other duties and instructed by the line manager.
Sound knowledge of railway operations
Strong negotiation skills
Technical understanding of traction and rolling stock
Understanding of TSA contracts
Sound knowledge of, and compliance to rules and regulations
Good written and verbal communication skills
Able to represent Hitachi in a professional manner at all times
Good team worker and able to build relationship with other stakeholders
Capably of working in stressful environments for long periods of time
Intermediate IT skills – typically Word, Excel, Equinox
Previous experience of using Genius, Bugle, Trust, P2, is desirable but not essential
Previous experience of working in delay attribution is desirable but not essential
Why Hitachi Rail Limited?
At Hitachi Rail Limited you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and annual leave entitlement as well as a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications is 18th December 2019