Job description Hitachi Rail STS
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated SENIOR TELECOM & SECURITY ENGINEER
to work on our Abu Dhabi Rail Project. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic . The position is based in Abu Dhabi. Hitachi Rail STS
is an international leader with a global presence in signaling and the implementation of integrated transport systems for freight and passenger railways, as well as mass transit systems. We design, manufacture and implement signaling systems for the management and control of freight and passenger traffic on mainline railways as well as metros.Hitachi Rail STS
is not only a valuable company, but a company based on values. We believe that our five key values guide our actions and make Hitachi STS a competitive, effective company: Customer Focus, Innovation and Excellence, People, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Accountabilities
- Plan, execute, monitor and control Design, configuration, test and commissioning activities for the telecommunication system according to the overall program schedule.
- Analyze technology environment
- Identify, analyze and manage requirements
- Identify and resolve interfaces internal and external to the Telecommunication System (e.g. Signaling, Rolling Stock, etc.)
- Architect and Integrate medium-complex telecommunications systems with particular attention to Networking technologies
- Prepare Conceptual, Preliminary, Detailed and Installation Design for each Telecom & Security technology
- Participate in products selection
- Create Bill of Materials and support Purchasing Department to order equipment in particular for the Wired and Wireless telecommunications networks
Job requirements Required Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of principles, practices, methods, terminology and trends in communications engineering including the fields of radio frequency allocations, electromagnetic wave propagation, and radio frequency field strength measurements and tolerances.
- Knowledge of fiber optics, computers, digital communications processors, servers, programming, applications, software, and hardware related to radio communications.
- Exposure to Passenger Information Systems technologies.
- Extensive working knowledge of Complex Networks design, both wired and wireless
- Extensive experience with network architecture design
- Working Knowledge of network design patterns, constraints and protocols (CCNP or equivalent certification required)
- Working knowledge of Switching and Routing protocols
- Working knowledge of wireless communications in demanding scenarios
- Prior Experience with RAMS deliverable
- Prior experience managing small-medium sized projects and project teams
- Excellent ability to use sophisticated test equipment including multi-meters, oscilloscopes and a spectrum analyzer.
- Working knowledge of Test and commissioning processes
- Skilled in handling electric, electronic, and mechanical drawings and schematics
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and ability to communicate complex technical information
- Desired Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of telecommunications systems for the railway industry
- Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/ University Degree
- From 2 to 5 years of Railway System Engineering expertise
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi-sts.com/en/careers
It is our commitment at Hitachi STS to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.