- The key responsibility is to ensure compliant and timely handling full spectrum of export letter of credit process
• Meticulously review draft export letter of credit clauses/requirements with Credit Department for compliance and financial assessment to mitigate potential risks, especially related to confirmation, reimbursements and financial ratings, also communicate with customer for amendment before acceptance of letter of credit, the process includes compliant with local, international and UCP requirement as well as regulations
• Constantly coordinate with internal/external stakeholders i.e. sales, local finance, logistic, freight forwarder. Etc for shipment related arrangements and completeness of documentation in accordance to clauses accepted on the letter of credit
• Timely communication with negotiation bank/confirming bank to avoid any discrepancies to the letter of credit collection documents and internal stakeholders well-informed on query related transaction/remittances.
• Escalate letter of credit collection challenge/any lapse in process. etc to team lead and manager diligently
• Ensures that the export shipping and other commercial documentation properly kept for ease traceability and tracking files are updated diligently, this includes any system updates.
• Cash allocations to be posted on Oracle AR based on the remittance advice and charges to be appropriately booked to correct accounts in the system as per SOP. Proactively communicate with customer if required in order to expedite payment instruction to banks in view of the need to company's cash flow requirement
• Perform other collection activities as required to ensure receivables ageing is in healthy position in line with the KPI.
• Support projects and improvement initiatives locally and globally.
• Any duties as directed by Management from time to time.
• Possess Degree holder in finance/accountancy/banking or equivalent, alternatively any professional certificates in finance/related field
• Minimum 2 -5 years of working experience in the related field is a must. Preferably from trade finance operations in banking/ Financial Services / Shipping
• Knowledge in latest UCP 600 - ISBP is a plus
• Excellent communication skills in both writing and verbal especially English.
• Able to work autonomously and proactively in a high-volume transaction environment.
• Intermediate/advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office is a must.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.