SIGNALING CONFIG. ENGINEER
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 50021688.9HRSTS
Date Posted: Nov 6, 2020
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS
Profession (Job Category): Engineering
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job description We are looking for a enthusiastic self-motivated Signaling Configuration Engineer / Validation & Verification to work on our Swedish projects.
- Ensure the delivery of signalling systems and subsystems in compliance with System Assurance and quality standards, and in accordance with schedule and budget
- Guarantee definition of V&V Plans.
- Ensure correct planning of V&V activities.
- Ensure correct identification of Validation strategies to discharge requirements for signalling applications
- Guarantee verification of system/sub-systems requirements in order to confirm compliance with safety and customer requirements.
- Guarantee management and implementation of test specifications, and their execution, to independently validate safety-related functions.
- Ensure that all conformities identified during V&V activities are recorded, analyzed and documented, using appropriate tools as per the company management system
- Support for management and interfacing Independent Safety Assessor, Client and other external Authorities.
- Ensure periodic review against company Validation policy and KPIs.
- Ensure compliance of the signaling system and subsystem V&V process to the applicable national and international standards
- Ensure that defects are managed in the corporate tool with all required details and co-ordinate with the Development/Engineering project team for the closure as required.
- Ensure the provision of schedule and cost progress to relevant Project RAMS Manager
- At least five years' experience in signalling or other safety critical engineering area.
- Knowledge and understanding of Quality Assurance practices and CENELEC standards
- Fundamental knowledge of software testing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English is required, skills in Swedish will be appreciated
- Eager to work in an international environment
- Skills in Microsoft Windows operating system and Pack Office
- Technical Degree or Equivalent Technical Background
- From 5 up to 10 years of V&V experience