Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs.The Role
As IT Senior ITSM Lead Specilaist
you will be responsible for managing the Change and Knowledge processes used by Hitachi Vantara. The position will be based in Krakow, Poland. You and the team will provide leadership, guidance and operational improvement for the company in ITSM processes.
You will be responsible for driving consistency and continuous improvement in IT services, champion a user-centric and process improvement organization culture. You will work with other leaders in Hitachi Vantara to deliver ITSM services, identify and drive Operational Excellence initiatives to deliver IT changes with excellence, reduce Incidents and MTTR, and drive efficiency and implement automation throughout our processes.
You will also be accountable for Knowledge Management ensuring that all information is stored in our knowledge base with consistent structure and is readily available.
This is a high-visibility leadership role reporting to the ITSM and Shared Services Manager, Global IT with a high level of interaction with leaders of the Technology Operations and Business Management organization. Responsibilities
- Lead the development and refinement of the Change and Knowledge management processes ensuring integration with other relevant processes and functions in line with best practice (ITIL v3/4)
- Monitors and reviews the execution of the Knowledge Management process at a high-level, ensures it remains consistent with the organization's current culture and IT Service Management strategy, and ensures coordination with all other IT processes
- Interact directly with IT leaders, Managers and key stakeholders to proactively communicate status on active Problem records.
- Monitor and report operational metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) for Change and Knowledge Management.
- Lead with a continuous improvement mindset within global IT and measure with operational metrics and KPIs.
- Work closely with the Hitachi Vantara Technology groups delivering services to ensure delivery of services and high-quality IT support.
- Lead identification and implementation of operational excellence items which improve consistent delivery of services, reduce tickets and MTTR, and automate workload, both by improving processes and process compliance, and through executing changes in ServiceNow that enhance and make the services more efficient/effective.
- Provides training and mentoring for functional teams to ensure that process guidelines are understood and followed.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering, business or IT discipline.
- ITIL v3/4 Certification
- Minimum 5+ years technical support experience and ITSM Process Leadership experience with at least 2 years in leadership roles, especially across the Change and Knowledge processes.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule.
- A broad knowledge of IT application, network and infrastructure technologies.
- Strong executive customer communication and influencing skills, with the ability to communicate new concepts effectively and drive change in process and behaviors.
- Solid experience working with a global team focused on delivering IT services.
- Experience working to deliver services from a global delivery model leveraging onshore and offshore IT resources.
- Experience driving process change and improvement using ServiceNow.
- Lean Six Sigma and Process Improvement experience across organizations.
- Demonstrated experience leading large-scale change initiatives with enterprise level impact including programs with extensive cross-functional technology team involvement.
- Extensive experience working with ServiceNow and identifying improvements in ServiceNow that improve the services.
- Proven success in leadership demonstrated by the ability to build, develop and high performing and highly effective teams in a matrix-managed environment.
- Process leadership in a global organization for Change and Knowledge processes.
- Ability to be a company-wide change-agent that influences strategic actions and mindset changes.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills. Must be able to develop compelling business presentations and communicate technical topics to a business audience.
- A continuous improvement mindset with demonstrated ability to drive programs that reduce cost, increase agility and have measurable key performance indicators and metrics.
- Strong matrixed people leadership capabilities including motivating and connecting a global team, guiding and coaching team leaders, and ensuring accountability for commitments that are made.
- A customer service mindset with focus on developing and improving technology services and operations that are driven by customer needs and requirements.
This role is to support Hitachi Vantara globally, so might require flexibility in terms of working hours.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.