This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 44713
Date Posted: Dec 19, 2019
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail Limited
Profession (Job Category): Repair & Maintenance
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the UK, Europe and Japan? Come and join the fastest growing rail business in the world!
As a global provider of total railway solutions, Hitachi Rail Limited has a growing international presence and product range. We are leading the largest rail modernisation project in UK history and delivering the UK’s next generation of rolling stock. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
Hitachi Rail Limited are looking for talented Overhaul & Modifications Manager to join our state of the art Train Maintenance Centre in Doncaster. This is a permanent role working Monday to Friday on a day’s shift.
We are looking for a dedicated and talented individual to develop and lead the overhaul maintenance and modifications program of Hitachi AT300 Trains, ensuring assets are maintained in accordance to relevant standards, procedures and legislation. In this exciting new role you will be working in a dynamic work environment that values collaboration, adaptability and creativity.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following deliverables:
· Develop and lead the implementation of the overhaul maintenance program for Class 800/1/2 IEP fleet.
· Develop a robust strategy ensuring the required standards are complied with, operating procedures are written and the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) recommendations and standards are met.
· Recruit, on-board and lead a team of Overhaul Technicians.
· Develop an Overhaul delivery plan for the associated train fleets ensuring that overhaul does not affect train availability.
· Review and update train maintenance processes, workflow and task Instructions.
· Set standards for engineering competence.
· Oversee the activity of the overhaul technicians to maximise performance, to ensure compliance with all relevant technical, quality, environmental and safety standards.
· Ensure manpower levels are adequate to maintain the systems with optimum efficiency.
· Oversee the professional training and development of operating and maintenance staff and review training programmes.
· Ensure train maintenance competence standards and depot safety objectives are maintained by audit or internal verification.
· Carry out safety inspections ensuring all relevant safety initiatives are implemented in a timely manner.
· Liaise with original equipment manufacturers to transfer best practice and innovation.
· Work within a prescribed budget as authorised by the TMC Manager
· Investigation and reporting of faults, Identification of fault trends
· Monitoring and reporting on maintenance performance, train reliability post overhaul, financial KPIs and program progress.
· Identify and propose modifications or improvements to maintenance processes and regimes to deliver performance and financial benefits.
· Experience identifying and implementing optimization in manufacturing/Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO) environment.
· Strong leadership skills including organizational, interpersonal and communication abilities.
· Ability to identify and analyse problems and to exercise creativity to develop and / or implement practical solutions.
· Ability to lead process implementation in a team/matrix environment
· Project management skills.
· First-hand knowledge and proven track record with application of continuous improvement.
· Supervisory experience in an engineering operational environment.
· Understanding of Rail Group Standards
· Engineering Apprenticeship
· HNC or equivalent
· Experience of maintenance of large rail plant or systems.
· Mechanical Engineering background.
· Rail background advantageous
At Hitachi Rail Limited you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, up to 28 days of annual leave and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications is 18th December 2019