Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV (HRH) is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Accounting Associate to work on our Honolulu Rail Project. As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. The position is based in Honolulu, HI.
Who We Are
HRH is a Hawaii-based Joint Venture, which was awarded the Design-Build-Operate-Maintain (DBOM) contract for the Honolulu Rail Transit Project (Project), the first Driverless Rail Transit System in the USA. HRH has assembled a team of experienced professionals in order to deliver a world-class rail transit system capable of delivering highly comfortable, reliable, safe and cost-effective transportation.
HRH believes that our key values consisting of customer focus, innovation and excellence, people, team spirit, and integrity will guide our actions and make our companies competitive and effective.
• Reporting to, the resource will support the accounting activities by doing his/her best actions in order to respect the deadlines and the required company standards.
The resource will be in charge of:
Managing the general ledger accounting, accounting of payables and receivables.
Managing Analytical cost accounting.
Preparing financial statements supporting the budget and audit process.
Preparing the monthly and quarterly reports.
Supporting the preparation and filing of annual balance sheet, tax return, GET returns, and in general the fiscal aspects, in coordination with the external Advisors.
Ensure data entry in the different company tools (PCS, SAP, Hyp,STS STD reports...) based on information received and controlling the data coherence.
• Understand the impact on Company process of each single entries anticipating/highlighting as soon as possible the direct report/team for potential inconsistencies, risks or deviances
• Fill in all Company STD report required by the Company process in time (PQR, PMR ...) understanding the contents and sharing with his team;
• Prepare the forecast/budget/plan respecting the Company processes and keeping the coherence of the data (Forecast cash flows based on invoicing planning for cash in and costs schedules for cash out, sharing data with stakeholders, ... )
• Check all costs registration (hours, entry sheets...) to ensure the right allocation;
• Participate at every reporting period and perform assignments following IAS/IFRS, Market, and STS internal policies;
• Enhance the communication across the departments
Bachelor's Degree. Related education and job experience considered.
HRH employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.