Hitachi Rail Honolulu JV (HRH) is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Environmental HSE Systems Advisor to work on our Honolulu Rail Project. As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. The position is based in Honolulu, HI.
HRH believes that our key values consisting of customer focus, innovation and excellence, people, team spirit, and integrity will guide our actions and make our companies competitive and effective. Identify, manage and maintain effective mechanisms to ensure that the activities undertakes by the company are compliant to Occupational H ealth, Safety and Environmental law. Contribute to the HSE team to ensure continuous improvement and good corporate governance.
HSE Advisor Environmental Specialist
Support the leadership of the HSE team and achieve business goals that meet shareholders expectations in a manner that focuses on health, safety and environmental, continuous improvement and good corporate governance on project were is appointed;
To support that workplace Health & Safety, environmental requirements of site and/or projects are implemented, monitored and maintained within group are of responsibility and to coordinate the HSE T eam within that group area.
• Contribute to establish, document, implement, maintain and continually improve the HSE Local Management System in compliance with International Standards, IMS and Local Procedures;
• Supervise the implementation of the HRH activities in compliance with HSE Policies, HSE Legislative requirements , HSE Customer Requirements and HSE Management System (IMS);
• Implement the HSE hazard identification, HSE risk assessment and identification of necessary controls measures (Management Plan) within HSE Policies, applicable HSE Legislation, HSE Customer requirements and HSE Management System (IMS);
• Conduct the compliance audits to the HSE Legislative requirements;
• Implement the HSE Programs for the achieving of the HSE objectives and targets;
• Manage the external HSE resources appointed on Worksite and Construction site;
• Contribute to HSE Communication, Participation and Consultation;
• Participate to identification of HSE Training needs and conduct the HSE training according to the Training Program;
• Contribute to the identification of legal and IMS requirements of engaged suppliers and subcontractors;
• Define and update the procedure for the management of potential emergency situation;
• Monitor, report and communicate the HSE performance and implement solutions in case of negative trends;
• Implement, investigation and analysis in case of HSE accidents and incidents (also in case of near misses).
• Identify nonconformities and verify that the corrective/preventive actions are taken to mitigate it and avoid the recurrence;
HRH employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.