Job ID: 44718
Date Posted: Dec 4, 2019
Business Unit: Hitachi Chemical
Company Name: Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Manufacturing
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
OPTIGEN Manufacturing Associate I
Company: Hitachi Chemical Diagnostics
Location: Mountain View, CA
Reports to: Operation Supervisor
Department: OPTIGEN Manufacturing
The OPTIGEN Manufacturing Associate I position is located in Mt. View, CA. This position will use current Good Manufacturing Practices to perform a variety of production line tasks to include part assembly, labeling, packaging, bottling, inspections and lot accountability. Work is performed in a clean manufacturing environment. The person in this position may be exposed to blood serum, hazardous chemicals and loud noises. The incumbent will receive general instructions for routine work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Communicate effectively with co-workers and supervisor
Communicate with supervisor and department lead regarding any excessive damaged or substandard assembly work and defective parts, tools, equipment, material or other conditions which hinder assembly process
Respond in a timely manner to manufacturing needs. Maintain, operate, and troubleshoot production and test equipment. Clean and maintain work area and equipment. Perform line clearances and inspect components
Package and assemble diagnostic test kits; operate production line machinery and computers
according to cGMP, batch records, Manufacturing Operating Procedures and safety policies
Follow and provide feedback on Standard and Manufacturing Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, Manufacturing Batch Records
Organize and maintain maintenance and cleaning logs for manufacturing equipment
Position Requirements (Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform satisfactorily in the position):
- Working knowledge of cGMP requirements (preferred)
- Ability to follow instructions and communicate clearly and concisely in English, both orally and in writing
- Basic knowledge and experience with PC and Microsoft applications (Excel, Word and Outlook are required)
- Basic reading, writing in English, arithmetic and critical thinking skills
- Detail oriented, ability to reconcile and document daily tasks.
- Manual dexterity required for quick and accurate assembly of small parts and operation of equipment
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent (preferred)
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a cGMP Manufacturing environment of the biotech or pharmaceutical industry (preferred).
Supervisory Responsibility: N/A
- Manufacturing environment
- Dry temperatures (occasional)
- Loud noises (occasional)
- Potential exposure to human blood serum, ozone, and hazardous chemicals
- Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include, but not limited to, eye safety glasses, slip-resistant safety shoes, and hearing protectors
- Frequently lift up to 15 pounds (for up to 2 hours at a time and up to 8-10 hours total in a day)
- Frequent use of hands (for up to 2 hours at a time and up to 8-10 hours total in a day)
- Long periods of standing (continuously for up to 2 hours at a time and up to 8-10 hours total in a day)
- Ability to visually discern printed characters as small as 1/16”; Close and distant
Position type and expected hours of work:
Full-time. Must be able to work flexible schedules (including nights, weekends, overtime) as needed.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities