Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs. Enterprise Account Manager - Government m/v
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Business development and account retention position, with a strong focus on acquiring new accounts in the Government vertical. Works to attain milestone goals by progressing sales of all Hitachi Vantara products and services to assigned Enterprise accounts. Uses market solution knowledge and expertise to identify and develop valuable business solutions that leverage Hitachi Vantara's products and solution sets. Orchestrates internal Hitachi Vantara resources such as Pre-Sales SE's, Partner Account Managers, Professional Services, and Sales management to maximize Hitachi Vantara opportunity within the accounts. Develops strong relationships with key decision makers in accounts and the partner ecosystem. Solve our client's business challenges by leveraging Hitachi Vantara solutions.Primary Responsibilities
- Nurture existing account relationships, and acquires prospects - hereafter run and develop these Government accounts.
- Targeted to achieve all allocated objectives associated with the Hitachi Vantara sales plan applicable.
- Carries overall quota and is fully responsible for quota and sales objectives within the named accounts.
- Main point of contact for the Government vertical and it's Partners, owning the overall relationship.
- Develops, coordinates and manages all account and team activities within the account and Partner, consisting of sales/pre-sales, support and technical resources. Identifies and brings in any additional resource required to support the strategic objectives of both the account and Hitachi Vantara.
- Responsible for overall business development, programs, alliances and other business activity relative to Hitachi Vantara goals in the account.
- Develops and maintains a master account plan and identifies, documents and communicates the global plan for the account. Tracks Hitachi Vantara portion of total IT spend in the account.
- Implements Global agreements (mantelovereenkomsten) with the accounts and partner ecosystem, taking into account local terms, conditions and practices for all locations.
- Controls all forecasting and pipeline management for the allocated accounts.
- Plans, organizes, leads and controls balanced sales growth, continued account penetration and customer satisfaction on a long-term multi-year focus. Demonstrates advanced knowledge and practice of the Opportunity Planning Process.
- Must maintain detailed knowledge of Hitachi Vantara software and hardware products, competitive products, customer vertical industry, and have in-depth understanding of the customer's application strategy. Ability to help customer make future application decisions.
- Comply with all published Hitachi Vantara policy guidelines.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience
What you may expect
- Proven, professional senior account management skills including multi-level sales negotiation experience within the vertical Government.
- Knowledge about Services led business, (hyper)converged, multicloud solutions, infrastructure and/or storage business.
- Strong experience and knowledge with the Government approach and agreements (for example Road 2017 and Road 2018).
- Demonstrable business awareness with the ability to adopt a disciplined commercial approach to achieving goals and objectives, including the ability to create and maintain a business plan.
- Strong and confident communicator and presenter, capable of developing excellent working relationships and who can sell him/herself within the company and to customers and prospects.
- Self-motivated person who will be expected to work effectively without close supervision making prudent decisions without continual reference to his immediate manager.
- Values the team and the advantages it brings.
- Tremendous ambition with a personality that fits working in an equally ambitious organisation
- Works within a support infrastructure, coordinating and motivating these resources as required.
- Responds positively to working within the structure of Hitachi Vantara and is genuinely enthusiastic to face the challenge which Hitachi Vantara offers.
- Possesses good business knowledge pertaining to vertical market alignment.
- A track record of sales achievement within the vertical Government and the new business or account management environment.
- Successful track record of negotiating high value orders with a recognized supplier within the I.T. industry or at least proven experience within Hitachi Vantara in a relevant sales/marketing support or SE role.
- Educated to bachelor degree level.
- Native Dutch speaker and fluent in English language (verbal - written).
- Challenging and entrepreneurial position within globally operating, venturous company with a strong product portfolio and market position, with extreme ambitions;
- Competitive salary compensation with commission plan, company car and great benefits;
- Great workplace located on the Zuidas in Amsterdam
- Strong sales focused, passioned and highly talented team 50 (fte) - and we love to do fun stuff too!
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, let's lead the way to extraordinary!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability.