Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs The Role
We are seeking energetic and motivated sales professionals to join our Territory account acquisition team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of new account or business development experience with a proven track record of selling complex, six to seven figure technical solutions (information technology or other comparable offerings) to mid to large enterprise clients. As an territory acquisition account representative, you will hunt for new logos in commercial accounts within this territory. In your role, you will leverage market intelligence resources, customer events, product specialist, partners and your own professional network to develop new relationships and close business with high value pursuit clients. Responsibilities
• Planning - conduct market and customer research to expand commercial insight necessary to build effective customer call plans and sales strategies (10%)
• Prospecting and lead management - drive a high volume of high value prospecting and business development activities, to include lead management, needed to reach key decision makers/influencers (technical and business) inside pursuit accounts (30%)
• Selling - drive account strategies and coordinate team selling efforts with partners, specialist, management and technical resources necessary to close business. (50%)
• Training - Through a rigorous and subject rich training agenda, you will become sale proficient with Hitachi Vantara's solutions while becoming conversational ready on how Hitachi Vantara delivers business value to its customers and prospects. (5%)
• Reporting - Managing forecast and updating activity plans inside Salesforce (5%) Qualifications
• A minimum of 5 years of field sales experiences specializing in new logo acquisition and/or new business development.
• An avid hunter with a proven track record of sourcing new leads and leveraging social networking to gain access to decision-makers/influencers necessary to close business. Strong cold calling skills required.
• Relationship and sell with experiences with top VARs and Integrators. Subject matter expertise in data storage, data management, data analytics and other IT services (other complex solutions "medical equipment" would be considered). Domain knowledge of large enterprise IT environments and corporate buying centers is critical.
• Must demonstrate a consistent track record of achieving annual quota targets while providing specific details on key customer wins. The ideal candidate will bring an established sales management process, experience building and maintaining relationships with management and C level executives.
• A successful track record of managing and closing complex sales campaigns using outcome and solution selling techniques is a must.
• Possesses a competitive attitude, strong work ethic and thrives in a fast pace, high growth and matrixed organizational environment.
• Must be a proficient user of Salesforce and other MS Office tools.
• Having a BA/BS degree or equivalent is desirable.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.