Job description Hitachi STS USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated System & Signaling Integrator
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of engineering tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA
. Who We Are
Hitachi STS is an international leader with a global presence in signaling and the implementation of integrated transport systems for freight and passenger railways, as well as mass transit systems. We design, manufacture and implement signaling systems for the management and control of freight and passenger traffic on mainline railways as well as metros.
Hitachi STS is not only a valuable company, but a company based on values. We believe that our five key values guide our actions and make Hitachi STS a competitive, effective company: Customer Focus, Innovation and Excellence, People, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Accountabilities:
- Ensure the identification, the management and the traceability of Overall Signaling System Requirements for the entire life cycle of the project (Design and Testing)
- Ensure the apportionment of Overall Signaling System requirements to each of the subsystems which constitute the Signaling system.
- Ensure the Signaling System Design and ATC Gap Analysis from a define version to achieve proper Signaling System Functionalities and performances.
- Ensure the identification, management and resolution of all the interfaces between the Signaling Subsystem and the Other Subsystems (e.g. Rolling Stock, TLC) as well as the internal interfaces within the Signaling Subsystem.
- Ensure the definition of the Physical Architecture of the Signaling part and Integrate it within the Overall Physical Architecture of the overall System.
- Ensure that the Development of the Products complies with the Requirements and Interfaces of a project.
- Ensure the delivery of the assigned tasks on time, on budget and quality.
- Ensure efficiency and standardization of signaling systems across different projects (e.g. Design specifications).
- Ensure the definition of signaling system integration test procedures, the implementation of any requested test improvement, the execution of such tests and the preparation of final test dossier.
- Ensure the definition of lab test procedures, the implementation of any requested test improvement, the execution of such tests and the preparation of final test dossier
- Understands and integrates applicable CMMI, CENELEC, AREMA, IEEE, IPC, etc standards.
- Responsible for the Engineering Solution
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a lead systems/design engineer for Engineering system applications
- Demonstrates the ability to deliver system solutions to closure.
- Extensive understanding and/or prior experience with engineering lifecycles, delivery, and HW/SW integration lifecycle
- Strong prior experience with Microsoft Office suite, scheduling software (MS Project or Primavera), requirements management systems, and software configuration tools
- Prior experience managing small-medium sized projects and project teams
- Demonstrated ability to lead, engage, and manage tasking of cross-functional teams of varying skills/experience
- Success with multi-tasking across multiple projects at given time
- Builds effective relationships and has exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering Qualifications/University Degree or Equivalent Technical
- Experience with overall systems architecture design
- Experience with robust, mission critical control systems
- Prefer rail or rail transit domain experience, but not required
- Prefer Expertise in any one of the following:
- Power systems including traction power and medium to low voltage designs
- EMI / EMC system integration and validation
- Telecoms and Network designs
- Automated control design and development systems
- Conventional signaling control designs
- CBTC (Communication based train control) systems and designs
Bachelor's Degree Languages:
Hitachi STS employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi-sts.com/en/careers
It is our commitment at Hitachi STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
% Travel Required: