Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture, and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.The Role
We are recruiting a Software Engineer to work as part of the development team in Hitachi Vantara Engineering, who are responsible for designing, developing and testing the Hitachi NAS Platform product (https://www.hitachivantara.com/en-us/products/storage/network-attached-storage-platform.html
An ideal candidate will understand the entire process of creating valuable software, and be involved with the complete development-test cycle. This involves being an integral part of a team that produces high quality functional software and unit testing, working in a multi-disciplinary team including software, testing, FPGA and hardware skills.
The role will involve being part of an agile scrum team of skilled/mixed-discipline engineers, understanding the required deliverables and pro-actively taking part in the team's self-organization to ensure sprint goals are met. The engineer will play a key role in shaping the design, development, testing and integration of prioritised work. This will involve tackling problems of diverse scope, designing and implementing complex software while ensuring quality of the product remains high.
A successful candidate must have a proven track record of delivering complex software solutions, and a demonstrable understanding of the software lifecycle. They will also have an inquisitive mind, an openness to new ideas, an excellent attention to detail and an adaptability to change. Strong verbal and written communication skills are important, as is being a self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic. Responsibilities
This role will include some or all of the following:
Qualifications - Skills
- Design, develop and support software in C/C++ for embedded systems.
- Develop speed critical code interfacing with custom hardware, including a hardware-based file system.
- Develop test and diagnostic systems for the hardware platform
- Design and implement software delivering new (and enhancing existing) functionality within the Hitachi NAS products
- Work within an agile scrum team
- Design and implement software unit tests
- Work with support engineers to diagnose and resolve escalated customer issues
- Work alongside test engineers to ensure good automated regression test coverage of product functionality
- Degree in Computer Science (or other scientific discipline), or equivalent applicable experience
- Strong C/C++ skills with embedded/kernel programming being an advantage
- Experience of working in the Python language
- Experience of programming in a multi-threaded environment
- Experience with one or more of the following: File systems, TCP/IP, NFS, CIFS/SMB, FTP, HTTP, iSCSI, Kerberos, LDAP