This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 44774
Date Posted: Jan 24, 2020
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Administration
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Division: Industrial Components and Equipment Division (ICED)
Location: Tarrytown, NY
Status: Long-term Temporary, Part-Time (Monday – Friday, 1-5pm)
Hitachi America Ltd. () is searching for a Purchasing Assistant to support our Industrial Components and Equipment Division (ICED) Business Operations with purchasing functions and other administrative duties.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Gather vendor information, obtain internal approvals, and submit requests to HAL-VID to set up new vendors.
· Gather supporting documents and submit requests to HAL-VID to request new HAL PO’s and changes to existing PO’s.
· Communicate information to vendors, HAL-ICED, and other HAL departments regarding vendors and purchasing requirements.
· Obtain internal approvals and place orders to vendors for HAL-ICED non-inventory requirements.
· Process vendor invoices for payment in SAP and/or on the AMEX corporate purchasing card.
· Maintain electronic files of supporting documents for ICED purchasing requirements (quotations, invoices, confirmations of delivery, etc.)
· Assist with new employee set up, as needed (submitting requests for new accounts, hardware, software).
· Degree in Business or related field is preferred.
· 3+ years of administrative experience is required
in Microsoft Excel and Word is required.
· Purchasing support experience is a plus.
· SAP experience is preferred.
· Ability to follow-through on assigned tasks and complete assignments as required
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong attention to details and multi-tasking.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities