Job ID: 44779
Date Posted: Dec 13, 2019
Segment: Smart Life
Business Unit: Hitachi Automotive
Company Name: Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Supply & Logistics
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Throughout its’ history, Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc. has been synonymous with safety, quality, growth, and continuous improvement. Adhering to these core values has enabled us to succeed as a Tier 1 supplier of world-class products to the global automotive market. With five US locations and over 2,100 hard-working employees, we are dedicated to ensuring the expectations of our first-rate automotive customers are consistently exceeded.
Our recent expansion has afforded us a unique opportunity for a strategic, dynamic, and forward-thinking Procurement Coordinator looking to “shift gears” and join the team in our Monroe, GA facility. You offer us your determination and work-ethic; we offer you very competitive pay and top-notch health benefits.
The Procurement Coordinator assists in the Purchasing department in developing various supplier database, cost analysis charts and other purchasing activities.
Chief Duties and/or Responsibilities:
1. Assists Purchasing Department in organizing and maintaining various supplier information (supplier map, supplier on –time delivery rating charts, etc.) by using MS office (Access, excel).
2. Assist in evaluating all the raw material and component parts cost by developing cost analysis charts, supplier bid summary for the cost reduction activity.
3. Assists Purchasing Department to develop and update work instructions and procedures to comply TS16469/ISO14001.
4. Assists in researching new suppliers for new projects and existing products.
5. Assists in the promotion of departmental Kaizen activities.
6. Assists and coordinates invoice disputes between suppliers and UGC Accounting department.
7. Issues PO’s as back ups for the department.
8. Assist with negotiating vendors as necessary. Follows up with suppliers for late delivery and poor quality parts as back up for buyer and assistant buyer.
9. Coordinates UGC employees’ business trips by contacting travel agency or booking tickets by online. Evaluate and review travel cost periodically.
10. Performs all other duties as needed.
Qualified Applicants will possess the following:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access to be able to create presentable documentations of supplier information and cost analysis.
• Organizational skills for efficient office control are mandatory
• Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts.
Required to sit for long periods of time. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Usual office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet. The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas were under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment and steel toe shoes.
Since we only hire the best and want to maintain a safe and pleasant work environment for all, final candidates are subject to drug screen and background checks. Hitachi is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).