Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs.The Role
Operating as part of a Global Centralized HR Support Center, the HR Advisors (HRA-s) are responsible for providing Human Resources administrative and staff support for Global HR, employees and managers. The HRA's primary responsibility is processing HR transactions via our internal case management tool, "AskHR", which includes direct client interface as well as research, analysis and report preparation; interacting with employees and managers on a variety of HR issues; training and advising on policies and procedures; processing terminations, and preparing letters and other company documents. Fast pace, changing priorities, demanding clients are part of the environment. Work is generally of a critical, time-sensitive or confidential nature. HRAs will work in varying shifts allowing for support coverage during core business hours for their respective region.Responsibilities
Process day to day HR transaction requests and queries submitted using Ask HR; Ensuring that all HR-critical administrative transactions are accurate and handled in a timely and compliant manner. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Respond to Ask HR inquiries from employees and managers as per the defined guidelines
- Prepare payroll processing materials (i.e., increases, transfers, terminations)
- Prepare promotion, transfer and change of status letters and all required internal documentation related to such actions
- Process and prepare termination paperwork including settlement agreements where applicable
- Assist HR Business Partners and Managers with various employee and organization related transactions via Taleo, People Direct etc.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, professional, global business environment such as in customer service and/or administrative support
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to work discretely on a wide range of sensitive and confidential issues
- Fluent in English
- Skilled at MS Office
- Administrative or Bachelor-s degree in business related discipline desired
- Self-motivated, demonstrating initiative, and able to work independently on a virtual team
- Must be able to prioritize, problem solve and multi-task
- Attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Customer focused
- Comfortable navigating new tools and technology
- Mental agility and ability to adapt quickly
- Ability to challenge status quo
- Positive, "can do attitude"
- Desire to learn and growth within HRSS function
- Able to learn and apply knowledge quickly - as well as to share knowledge in a team environment
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.