Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic &
self-motivated Senior Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Batesburg, SC Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
• Ensure the definition, planning and implementation of all the approved quality assurance activities for the assigned key supplier (e.g. quality audits, evaluation of RFIs, supplier qualification ...)
• Ensure the identification, the sharing with all relevant units and the approval of supplier areas of improvement (e.g.: process improvement, efficiency ...)
• Ensure the sharing with suppliers of the identified and approved areas of improvement
• Ensure the collection, analysis and sharing of relevant key suppliers' data within Quality Assurance unit
• Ensure the monitoring and reporting of vendor rating and suppliers KPIs in order to guarantee the compliance of the assigned key suppliers with expected targets
• Ensure, for assigned supplier quality audits, the execution of the yearly program in accordance with the approved schedule Required Skills & Experience:
• Needing 5+ years of experience in supply chain related activities with preferable focus on Quality system related knowledge.
• Thorough knowledge of Auditing Standards & Techniques, ISO 9001:2015 requirement knowledge; ISO 19001 requirement knowledge.
• Certification for Third-party audit performance within USA&LATAM (certified by ASQ or LRQA etc.. in line with PRC006) or willingness obtain it.
• Solid risk management experience, Organization techniques and Process Management knowledge
• Thorough understanding of Supplier Qualification and Monitoring processes & methods
• Project Management skills to include cost estimating techniques and budgeting skills
• Must possess excellent computer skills including proficiency with current Windows operating system and Microsoft Office suite.
• Must demonstrate accuracy, dependability, people skills and integrity
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Builds effective relationships and has exceptional communication skills
• SAP use for data extractions and elaboration. Physical Requirements:
• Requires working overtime hours on an as-needed basis' Travel Required:
• 25-50% yearly Education / Qualifications
• Bachelors degree preferred or High School with equivalent technical background Languages
• English Proficiency Benefits
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/