Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic &
self-motivated Supplier Qualification & Monitoring Associate
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Batesburg, SC Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
• Ensure local governance of the Sig & TK Supplier Qualification process by:
o Coordinating the qualification activities depending on the External Provider relevance according to the level of criticalities of the services and goods purchased
• Ensure local governance of the Sig & TK Supplier Monitoring process by:
o Performing Qualification Audits, supplier audits (monitoring and follow-up) as defined in the yearly Audit program.
o Managing external provider rating sessions within STS with relevant stakeholders to identify external provider strengths and weaknesses).
o Planning and managing corrective action plans with key external providers.
• Collaboration in defining continuous improvement of Supply Chain Quality processes based on local feedback in geographic area of reference.
• Ensure application of Standard Processes and Tools in the designated geographic area.
• Collaboration and knowledge sharing among Supply Chain Quality local teams. Required Skills & Experience:
• Minimum 1-3 years of experience in supply chain related activities with preferable focus on Quality system related knowledge.
• ISO 9001:2015 requirement knowledge.
• ISO 19001 requirement knowledge.
• Certification for Third-party audit performance within USA&LATAM (certified by ASQ or LRQA etc.. in line with PRC006) or willingness to undergo preparation and test to obtain it.
• Work independently as front-end point of contact towards STS procurement team for management of qualification of new external providers.
• Must demonstrate accuracy, dependability, people skills and integrity
• Must possess above average data collection and aggregation skills
• Must possess excellent computer skills including proficiency with current Windows operating system and Microsoft Office suite. Desired Skills & Experience:
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Builds effective relationships and has exceptional communication skills
• SAP use for data extractions and elaboration. Physical Requirements
: Requires working overtime hours on an as-needed basis'Travel Required:
25-50% yearly Education / Qualifications:
Bachelors degree preferred or High School with equivalent technical background Languages:
English Proficiency Benefits
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/