Job description At Hitachi Rail STS, we don't just offer a job, we offer a Career!
Due to our continued growth, a number of exciting oppotunities have become available for IP Communications Engineers to join our communications engineering team, working on rail systems projects based in our Perth or Brisbane office. The successful candidates will have an opportunity to work on exciting projects in APAC region.
The IP Communications Engineer to work on design and project implementation tasks of communications projects that involve radio sites, microwave links, multiplexing nodes, solutions for voice and data communications, Fibre Optic and copper based transmission systems, power supply systems and related ancillary systems as well as technical documentation.
Working as part of the engineering design and delivery team, you will work directly within the communications team and will be primarily responsible for design related to wayside IP network design. ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyse technical specifications and prepare technical documentation for tender bids
- Develop technical design documentation for communications projects
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Develop work instructions and test procedures for various communications projects
- Develop and implement testing plans
- liaising with internal and external customers
- Carrying out factory and site testing activities, and
- Working to tight timescales as part of a high-performing team.
To be successful in this role, you will be a CCNP/CCIE qualified network engineer, with experience in telecommunications environment and:
- Tertiary education in Network Engineering
- Minimum 3 years as a technical networking & communications engineering specialists
- Layer 2 / 3 knowledge
- IP-MPLS Design & implementation for rail networks
- Extensive experience in routing and switching technologies
- Strong project experience to co-ordinate priorities and multiple tasks.