Job description At Hitachi Rail STS, we don't just offer a job, we offer a Career!
We are looking for a suitably qualified Accountant with high attention to detail, resilient under pressure with the ability to operate effectively within a culturally diverse work environment.
The opportunity is based in our Perth Office located at Rivervale joining a dynamic team of Accounting and Finance professionals, and reporting to the Vice President Statutory & Management Accounting Australia. ACCOUNTABILITIES
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to: Taxation
- Prepare tax calculations and ensure compliance of statutory taxation obligations for all direct and indirect taxation including but not limited to Australian company income taxation, GST, FBT, withholding tax, transfer pricing and cross boarder taxation;
- Ensure compliance with company Tax Governance Policy and local legislation.
Monitoring, Compliance & Analysis
- prepare monthly management accounts utilising SAP accounting software and integrate in to Microsoft Excel before loading results into Oracle Hyperion EPM software;
- prepare consolidated statutory financial statements in accordance with IFRS principles;
- Preparation of accurate and timely profit & loss statements and balance sheets for actuals, forecasts, budget and plan scenarios and liaising with other business units to collate data required;
- Preparation and processing of monthly journals, ensuring high levels of accuracy and preparing the reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Facilitate internal and external audits by liaising with all parties concerned and collating information and documentation required by auditors;
- Ensuring compliance with Company and legislative accounting and reporting requirements;
- Maintaining integrity of the Hyperion accounting and SAP financial reporting system.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- Contribute to the development of the culture of continuous improvement;
- Monitor and contribute to the compliance and development of accounting policies and procedures;
- Continually reviewing and putting forward ideas to improve the processes and procedures.
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting, Finance, Economic or related field
- CA/CPA member or in progress to complete.
- Experience in SAP and Hyperion, with a minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role with excellent excel skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines while having excellent attention to detail.
- The successful candidate will be interacting with various employees throughout the global business therefore we are looking for candidates who are cultural astute and have excellent interpersonal skills