Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the UK, Europe and Japan? Come and join the fastest growing rail business in the world!
As a global provider of total railway solutions, Hitachi Rail Limited has a growing international presence and product range. We are leading the largest rail modernisation project in UK history and delivering the UK’s next generation of rolling stock. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
Your new role
We are currently recruiting a Production Planner to join our Central Planning Cell based in Glasgow. This is a permanent contract reporting to the shift Production Planning Manager on a day and night shift rotation.
In this exciting new role you will responsible for developing and delivering the operational maintenance plan with the necessary engineering support information to allow the efficient scheduling and execution of rolling stock maintenance across the Train Maintenance Centre and Outstation locations.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Focus on future maintenance work: daily; weekly; monthly; quarterly; and annually in order to develop and continually refine the maintenance plan for the ASR Class 385 fleet.
- Assess the operational situation and dispatch requirements in order to inform the maintenance plan.
- Identify and prioritise maintenance activities in accordance with contractual, performance, technical and safety requirements.
- Plan the implementation of fleet modifications.
- Liaise with Engineering staff and promulgate Engineering Change where required.
- Identify and monitor any engineering issues which affect the overall maintenance plan.
- Expedite material demands and act as the immediate focal point for Train Maintenance Centre and Outstation material issues.
- Identify and monitor any material issues which affect the overall maintenance plan.
- Ensure defects in-service and emerging work requirements are incorporated into the material plan.
- Initiate and plan fleet checks.
- Liaise with the Contract Performance Technicians to initiate and plan technical investigations, where required, for delays that have been attributed to the Class 385 Fleet.
- Liaise with Production and Supply Chain departments to identify, allocate and leverage resources to enable the maintenance plan.
- Liaise with contractors and external repair agencies in order to inform the maintenance plan.
- Manage costs through the effective and efficient alignment of resources.
- Actively monitor repeat defects in order to reduce the amount of reactive maintenance and improve reliability.
- Comply with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to drive improvement.
- Be reactive to incidents, disruptions and emergencies on the operational railway and amend the maintenance plan accordingly.
Utilise the SAP Maintenance Management System (MMS) and other IT applications (SOROS, HFMT) where required in order to inform and develop the plan.
- Participate in daily conference calls and manage shift handovers.
Any other duties as directed by the Production Planning Manager or Fleet Performance and Planning Manager.
Previous experience of maintenance planning, scheduling and production.
Sound knowledge of railway operations and compliance to railway rules and regulations.
Excellent problem solving skills and ability to think quickly.
Experience of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) – SAP, Maximo or Equinox.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Able to represent Hitachi in a professional manner at all times.
Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
Capable of working in stressful environments for long periods of time.
Intermediate IT skills – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
Previous experience of using IT tools: Trust, Bugle, Genius and SOROS.
Experience of Procurement or Supply Chain Management.
Why Hitachi Rail Limited?
At Hitachi Rail Limited you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, up to 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications is Monday 20th January 2020