New Business Client Director, Financial Services About Hitachi Vantara
Ignite your career with Hitachi Vantara! Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi, our mission is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, individuality, and collaboration.
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd. with approximately $4 Billion in revenue, is the best partner to help enterprise organizations accelerate their digital transformation. Businesses are looking to digital transformation to innovate, uncover new revenue streams and form new business models, and these experiences are driven through data. No one knows data like Hitachi. We have helped the world's largest and most complex organizations with one thing - data. We have a proven, integrated portfolio of services and solutions that enable this digital transformation through enhanced data management, governance, mobility and analytics.
Transform today and thrive, with Hitachi, tomorrow!
To represent Hitachi to a defined set of target financial services prospect accounts to establish and develop the business relationship at all levels in order to deliver profitable business for Hitachi products and services. Key Responsibilities
Key Skills Knowledge and Experience
- Maintain a deep understanding of key industry trends, challenges and technology initiatives within the financial services sector.
- Qualify and prioritise key prospects from an initial set of 15. Develop and maintain a comprehensive account plan incorporating deep understanding of the business, organisational structure and operating model of between 3-5 focus accounts.
- Continuously identify, qualify and develop opportunities for Hitachi services and products that support the customers strategic goals and enable them to deliver better business outcomes.
- Identify key decision makers and those who influence at all levels within the account and build effective relationships using, where appropriate, Hitachi management.
- Engage effectively with core IT, line of business technology and non-technology departments such as compliance.
- Identify and engage with channel partners, technology partners and systems integrators relevant to the prospect account to drive activity leading to incremental opportunity.
- Lead a virtual account team, including Sales Specialists, Technical Sales Consultants and functional management, to develop and sell the optimum Hitachi business and technical solution to qualified opportunities.
- Identify potential competitive threats and take timely and effective action to minimise them
- Responsible for up to 15 prospect accounts that have not traded with Hitachi Vantara in the past.
- Achieve annual revenue target with participation in strategic solution areas (analytics, content solutions, services)
- Forecast accurately and reflect all pipeline within Salesforce.
- Maintain accurate records within Salesforce - opportunities, customer contacts and activity.
- Build pipeline and maintain appropriate levels of pipeline coverage relative to target and account set.
- Work with Marketing on account-based marketing and prospect event plans.
- Develop and review with Hitachi Sales Management a territory plan to support the assigned sales objectives.
- Own the account plan and overall prospect strategy working closely with the virtual team - management, sales specialists and technical sales resources.
- Identify, justify, and secure internal resources required to support sales strategies.
- Sustain sufficient external customer facing activity on a weekly basis.
- Participate actively in the UK FSI team and the global financial services community. Collaborate with peers to maximise joint experiences and learning.
- Comply with all published Hitachi policy guidelines.
- Deep understanding of the key challenges, trends and technology initiatives within the Financial Services Industry
- Track record of overachievement against goals as evidenced by previous P60s.
- Referenceable examples of leading with business outcomes rather than product features. A strong bias towards the Challenger persona as defined by CEB within the Challenger Sale Methodology.
- Will possess proven new business acquisition skills including multi-level sales negotiation experience, with a list of new logo wins in previous roles.
- Experience of working on large deals in FTSE 100 and global organisations.
- Experience participating in or leading a global account team.
- Comfortable in engaging in line of business departments outside of core IT.
- Will possess demonstrable business awareness with the ability to adopt a disciplined and commercially approach to achieving goals and objectives including the ability to create and maintain a business plan.
- A strong and confident communicator and presenter capable of developing excellent working relationships and who can sell him/herself within the company and to customers and prospects. First class verbal communications, report writing and presentation skills. Comfortable operating/presenting at senior management level.
- A self-motivated person who will be expected to work effectively without close supervision making prudent decisions without continual reference to his immediate manager. In addition, the candidate will also be expected to maintain good communication with his management and colleagues.
- Although personally successful will be an active team contributor.
- Can inspire followship within a virtual team and engages on an inclusive basis with supporting functions to support sales campaigns.
- High-calibre candidates will certainly be considered outside of this specific criteria.