Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs The Role
Hitachi Vantara is powering the digital enterprise and helping enterprises win in this digital age by extracting business value from their data. Our customers are facing unprecedented challenges to develop new business models, enhance their customers' experiences and dramatically improve operational efficiencies. This role is a unique opportunity to lead significant change in a quickly evolving marketplace. Hitachi has a 100+ year heritage of innovating and shaping the course of technology markets. The sales function is the primary point of contact for our customers and will spearhead customer relationship management initiatives. The Enterprise Account Manager will be responsible for the orchestration of sales activities in an assigned number of existing Enterprise Accounts within our infrastructure and core line of business. The sales activities will be performed in collaboration with other specialist sales teams, technical resources, partners/GSI's and with the allocation of resources from functional teams such as Delivery, Operations etc.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop account plans to maximize the value of the accounts and to build and nurture client relationships.
- Ensure alignment to overall regional sales strategy with the ability to monitor, measure and communicate progress against stated goals.
- Manage complex sales engagements, identifying key decision makers and build effective relationships.
- Work to increase Hitachi Vantara's share of wallet in the assigned Enterprise accounts
- Identify leads, develop and track opportunities from identification to the close.
- Identify up-selling and cross-selling opportunities within the account and develop account plans.
- Undertake effective pipeline creation, management and forecasting for the assigned accounts, and own updates on progress to leadership
- Ensure a consistent One Hitachi approach for the customer by regular account team communication and alignment to one account plan
- Utilize business needs identification and Solution Selling
- Understand business priorities and the reliance on technology to achieve desired results
- Understand the client strategy, political/competitive landscape and budget priorities
- Use solutions selling to identify opportunities that add value to our customers by helping them save money, make money or manage risk.
- Reference sell based on library of business outcomes
- Carry out account research with a focus to farm the install base as well as analyse accounts to find key decision makers and influencers for our solution portfolio
- Drive new revenues through incremental sales - net new customers
- Maintain and expand prospect database within assigned accounts
- Partner with the channel and specialist sales teams to create new sales opportunities
- Experience selling into FinTech and PayPal
- Local Bay Area residency
- Subject matter expertise in infrastructure, data storage, data management and other IT services
- A minimum of 6 years of outside sales experiences specializing in complex technology sales to enterprise customers
- A proven track record of sourcing new leads and leveraging social networking to gain access to decision-makers/influencers necessary to close business.
- Domain knowledge of large enterprise IT environments is critical.
- Relationship and sell with experiences with top VARs and Integrators.
- Must demonstrate a consistent track record of achieving annual quota targets while providing specific details on key customer wins.
- Excellent time/organizational management, deal management and problem solving skills.
- Knows how to conduct customer research and develop meaningful account plans.
- Effective written, phone and presentation skills.
- Possesses a competitive attitude, strong work ethic and thrives in a fast pace, high growth and matrixed organizational environment.
- Has a desire to learn and an aptitude for acquiring new skills and product knowledge.
- Must be a proficient user of SalesForce and other MS Office tools.
- Having a BA/BS degree or equivalent is desirable.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.