This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 44875
Date Posted: Feb 26, 2020
Segment: Smart Life
Business Unit: Hitachi Automotive
Company Name: Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Finance
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
As a valued member of the Operations Business Unit, the Cost Analyst will have an active role working with various Department teams to support; new business quotation preparation, product budgeting, program profit performance analysis and short / long range forecasting. He or she will drive revenue and earnings growth by recommending optimal labor cost decisions to the Sales and Design Engineering teams.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree or above in a financial or technical field of study.
• Minimum 5 years of experience related to the areas of cost accounting, or engineering cost control is required.
• Cost accounting, engineering standards costing or product cost est. experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
• Strong cost management systems application usage and excellent analytical skills. Cost managment. systems programming / maintenance capability is a plus
• Advanced Excel database skills, along with good working knowledge of PowerPoint, Project and other programs in the Microsoft Office suite of products.
• Ability to plan, organizes, and effectively communicates to and within all levels of management and program cross-functional teams
• Experience with NPV calculations, break even analysis, profit forecasting
• Experience with reading / understanding technical documents, root cause analysis, process capability, cycle times and capacity planning is preferred
• Automotive industry experience is preferred but not required.
• Available for infrequent domestic & overseas business travel.
Physical Requirements: Major portion of schedule is spent sitting, using hands to keyboard, write, and handling files and documents. Clear and distinct speaking voice and hearing clear enough for understanding are required. Moving about facility, standing to file and some stair climbing may be required. Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception are required. Lifting limited to no more than 25 lbs.