Job ID: 44803
Date Posted: Jan 3, 2020
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): R&D
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Position: Project, Full-Time (PFT) possible conversion to Regular, Full-Time (RFT)
Founded over 100 years ago, Hitachi is a recognized global technology leader with over 303,000 employees working at more than 800 Hitachi Group Companies in approx. 70 countries.
At Hitachi, with our Mission of contributing to society through the development of superior, original technology and products in mind, we engage in the Social Innovation Business on a global basis, putting our IT and OT(operational technologies) to use in the advanced social infrastructure systems we provide to create a future where people can live safer, and richer lives.
We are looking for a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) professional to join our team in R&D. In this role, you will contribute to effectively managing the finances of R&D. You’ll get a chance to engage with senior management and support their decisions for improving performance, identify risks and design solutions within the organization. We are now streamlining the current practices for matching global standard practices of Hitachi and offering opportunities for skill-building and professional growth in this position. This position is a perfect match for a motivated individual who is passionate about finance and driving positive change in the organization.
· Prepare R&D division’s annual budget, and perform interim budget analysis for global R&D division and Hitachi America including schedule management.
· Facilitate receiving of funds from overseas and group companies, customers and government entities.
· Gather data to track cash flow performance.
· Prepare and perform analysis of P&L, financial statements monthly.
· Assemble and track monthly spends of labs within the R&D and provide recommendations, suggest solutions, and identify risks to efficiently utilize the funds allocated.
· Perform analytical assignments and prepare/distribute actual and budget reports.
· Communicate with stakeholders in a clear and concise manner and prepare the necessary documents to maintain / improve the quality and efficiency of the process.
· Ensure compliance of R&D division with accounting rule including managing fixed assets/small assets by notifying members of R&D.
· Prepare and manage necessary documents for the internal audit.
· Collaborate and work with Hitachi America CF&A division and Hitachi R&D F&A division in Japan. Will involve hours outside regular work time for teleconference and meeting.
· Bachelor’s degree and five or more years of work experience in finance and accounting.
· Knowledge of general accounting rules.
· Knowledge of contracts is highly preferred.
· Advance Excel skills.
· Knowledge of SAP is preferred.
· Prior experience with R&D preferred.
· Experience in Japanese company and Japanese language skill preferred.
· Should possess strong analytical skills problem-solving capabilities.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to work outside regular working hours for conference calls and meetings with global partners.
· Should be able and willing to travel occasionally within the US and overseas as needed.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesIf you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to email@example.com. Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.