Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America's leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide. Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation. Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.Cast Your Own Future.More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com Pattern Shop/Tooling Engineering (Internship) ROLE:
Work directly with the Pattern Shop with repairing and building gating, troubleshooting scrap issues, and repairing core boxes. Assist with designing and/or modifications of customer provided CAD data by utilizing foundry casting principles to create 3D models to use for Magma and Arena Flow simulations.RESPONSIBILITES/DUTIES:
- Program and operate Hurco CNC Mill, optimize programming and file management.
- Use pneumatic and electric tools to make gating.
- Design and build lifting jigs.
- Work directly with and assist the foundry Tooling Engineers on updating customer models to best fit the process.
- Design cores including print area to satisfy casting requirements.
- Work with other pattern shop personnel to determine tooling rework strategies.
- Mechanically included individual that is hands on.
- Knowledge of CNC Machining, 3D CAD systems utilizing surfacing.
- Ability to create 3D models from 2D layout drawings.
- Ability to compare 3D part models to 2D casting layout drawings for accuracy.
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills.
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, reference check/verification, and a pre-employment drug screen. Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Be enrolled in post-secondary school for the Fall 2020 semester.
- Minimum of 1 completed year in related field (preferred).
- Be considered a full time student (12 credits or more).
- Be 18 years or older.