Job ID: 44870
Date Posted: Jan 3, 2020
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd
Division: Particle Therapy Division
Status: Regular, Full-Time (Exempt)
Location: Mayo Clinic in Phoenix, AZ
Hours: 12-hour shifts/24 hours coverage
Hitachi America, Ltd. (HAL) is looking for an experienced engineer to join the Particle Therapy Division located at the Mayo Clinic in Phoenix, AZ. The Site Support Supervisor will be responsible for supporting the Site Manager and Deputy Site Manager in managing the contracted on-site service activities related to maintaining required safety standards, reliability, and availability. This includes but is not limited to providing LINAC support, reviewing system logs for trending/preventative analyses and providing training for onsite technical staff. He/she will also provide support to the Houston and other US PBT sites for planned and unplanned events including; equipment outages, planned maintenance events and providing additional coverage as needed.
· Provide technical support (including traveling to the site) for Hitachi PBT systems installed in US especially during unplanned incidents and planned major maintenance events.
· Coordinate and provide basic training or technically advanced training for the technical staff for all components of the system, as needed.
· Share updates regarding any new issues or technical information among the technical support staff of the various US based PBT sites.
· Provide technical support staff with basic skills training related to customer service, trouble shooting, communications, or other training resources necessary to develop the onsite service staff.
· Create documentation for training materials, troubleshooting guides, and incident reports as needed.
· Review / approve service reports.
· Assume supervisory roles as needed in the case of Site Management leave, unplanned incidents, planned maintenance events or other site demands.
· Works in compliance with all regulatory standards including FDA, Radiation Safety, OSHA and applicable laws and internal policies and procedures, as required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Nuclear, etc.).
· A minimum of 7-8 years of experience with a focus on:
o Servicing and troubleshooting Proton Beam Therapy Systems
o Network/computer skills
o Customer relationship management /negotiation skills
· Background in medical equipment and computer knowledge.
· Technically skilled with proven ability to troubleshoot problems, solve abstract issues, and interpret policies and procedures.
· Solid bookkeeping skills.
· Medical device maintenance training certificates (DR, MRI, ETC.) or Nuclear power equipment maintenance training certificates a plus.
· Ability to read and correctly interpret various engineering documents (schematics, wiring, diagrams, piping diagrams, etc.)
· Experience using standard electronic test and measurement instruments (DVM, oscilloscope, micrometers, etc.).
· Ability to correctly utilize portable leak detection equipment.
· Ability to safely work in regions of high voltage and radiation.
· Experience and ability working independently or as part of a cross-functional team.
· Aptitude to maintain focus and work with precision over extended periods of time.
· Strong communication skills.
· Organizational management skills.
· Ability to perform required physical tasks (ladder climbing, inspection bending and stretching, moderate lifting, tool dexterity, etc.).
· Flexibility to work on-call with local availability.
· Ability to converse in Japanese is recommended.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities