Job description Hitachi Rail STS USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate Signaling RAMS Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA
. Who We Are:
At Hitachi Rail STS, we help our customers solve the world's most complex mobility challenges.
We design, manufacture, test, install and commission solutions that meet the safety and management needs of freight, passenger and metro rail operators.
An international provider of turnkey services and solutions, we employ more than 4,300 people in 30 countries. We deliver innovations that answer society's challenges. With our talented teams and proven experience, we can inspire the world. Mission:
Deliver simple (in terms of number of interfaces and or contract value) (or part of) signaling systems and subsystems, which meet reliability and safety requirements, in compliance with project schedule and budget. Build the required RAMS evidence and ensure independent safety assessment. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Ensure the verification of system requirements in order to confirm compliance of the signaling application with safety and customer requirements.
- Ensure the definition of test specifications and their execution, to independently validate safety-related functions.
- Ensure the identification of conformities during V&V activities, their logging, analysis and follow up to closure.
- Ensure the execution of Safety and RAM analyses, hazard analyses at architectural level, leveraging on knowledge of the application acquired during V&V activities.
- Ensure the RAM parameters demonstration process.
- Ensure the demonstration of compliance with quantitative safety targets, using MTBHE data from architectures and components group.
- Ensure the provision of the Application Conditions and the Hazard Log for the application to relevant System RAMS Engineer
- Ensure the provision of schedule and cost progress to relevant System Assurance Manager
- Ensure the provision of RAMS requirements, if any, and the Hazard Log to relevant Product RAMS Engineer
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- From 0 to 3 years of RAMS Experience
- Application V&V Testing
- RAMS analysis and methodology
- Subsystem Technical knowledge
- RAMS Safety knowledge
Technical Degree or equivalent Languages:
English Proficient Benefits:
Hitachi Rail STS employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers