Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs The Role
This AWS Full Stack Developer will be a key contributor to our Product Engineering Services practice and will have the below responsibilities:
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Proven experience and knowledge of the AWS cloud computing platform, its many services - including but not limited to: Lambda, S3 (Object Storage), VPC (Virtual Private Cloud), EC2, EBS (Block Storage under high I/O), ELB/Elastic Beanstalk (load-balancing and autoscaling), SQS (messaging), Cloud Formation for AWS Orchestration, Alternative Queuing Platforms, CloudWatch and RedShift.
- Write unit tests and automated acceptance tests.
- Design test protocols to provide high levels of confidence in software's stability, usability, and security.
- Provide development time estimates, constraints, and risks/liabilities.
- Understand and implement the stated requirements for software.
- Deliver software within given time constraints.
- Plan and prioritize development tasks in order to achieve objectives
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Additional desired skills:
- Demonstrated success in actively contributing to large consulting projects.
- 3+ years of experience with Cloud, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a service; micro-services architecture and architecture models is required.
- 5+ years of experience in full life-cycle of software development or methodology using Agile Scrum/Kanban etc., requirements analysis, design, development, testing and implementation
- APIs, JSON, REST, and other relevant W3C open standards;
- Expertise working with AWS Cloud (EC2, ECS, Lambda functions etc)
- Knowledge of object-relational mapping (ORM)
- Cloud Computing, Linux, Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Hbase, Kudu, and NoSQL platforms in general
- Relational database platforms, database design, and SQL
- Able to handle and prioritize many tasks at once. Ability to comfortably work across multiple technical areas simultaneously or as need arises. Must be comfortable with unexpected work load and priority changes.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux/Unix systems and an in-depth understanding of networking protocols
- Experience writing Unix Shell and SQL scripting
- Must be comfortable working with source control (GIT, GIT bash, etc) and unit testing
- Fluent in either SQL, HIve scripting Experience working with automation tools, Cloud management tools
- Knowledge of federated authentication and authorization models
- Demonstrates strong analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrates strong customer service orientation
- Experience with Swagger for API definition
- Good understanding Unit testing frameworks like Mocha, Jasmine etc.
- Good understanding of code analyzers for Test driven development
- Cloud methodologies and architecture (IaaS, PaaS), automation, orchestration
: Travel up to 75% at times. Typical travel requires consultants to be at the client location Monday-Thursday and possible remotely as projects progress.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.