Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costsThe Position
Hitachi Vantara is powering the digital enterprise and helping enterprises win in this digital age by extracting business value from their data. Our customers are facing unprecedented challenges to develop new business models, enhance their customers' experiences and dramatically improve operational efficiencies. This role is a unique opportunity to lead significant change in a quickly evolving marketplace. Hitachi has a 100+ year heritage of innovating and shaping the course of technology markets. The sales function is the primary point of contact for our customers and will spearhead customer relationship management initiatives. The Global Account Manager will be responsible for the orchestration of sales activities in our segment of Global accounts within our Core and Emerging line of business. The sales activities will be performed in collaboration with local Account Management teams, Specialist Sales teams, technical resources, partners/GSI's and with the allocation of resources from functional teams such as Delivery, Operations etc.Job Overview
Based on industry knowledge and client engagement the Global Account Manager will define the global approach and engagement priorities through understanding of customer business needs and mapping our solutions by closely tying pre-sales/solutions/services and products team. The Global Account Manager will coordinate sales effort across geographies to present One Hitachi experience for customer and ensuring consistency in sales approach while being able to monitor, measure and communicate progress against stated goals.Account Planning Strategy
• Focus on current Fiscal Year and a focus on 2nd and 3rd year pipeline.
• Establish program/account management plan and approach with country leadership or account team to provide leadership and define common goals.
• Motivate and lead global team in the ownership and action of strategies and actions from within the global plan.
• "Sell" the client opportunity internally and manage executive relationships.
• Understand the client strategy, political/competitive landscape and budget priorities to be able to build an engagement and strategy plan which maximizes Hitachi opportunity for success.
• Build key global relationships and support geographical resources in the delivery of local plans, communication and strategies.
• Define and manage team planning process and measurement cadence. To include internal and external reviews QBRs and associated stakeholder buy in to the planAccount Management
• Internal and external - demonstrate global ownership / accountability and become a trusted advisor and escalation point. Own global contact plan for the executive level.
• Own global communication strategy and travel as appropriate to build global key internal and external relationships.
• Where appropriate build plans and relationships with global partners, mapping and understanding Global Partners, SWOT analysis and collaboration with Hitachi Channel Mgmt.Sales Orchestration
• Ensures a Consistent One Hitachi approach / experience for the customer.
• Coordinate with vertical and technical specialists across geos-.
• Adoption of a Global Framework Agreement to provide customers with common (regardless of geo), terms, services levels, licensing rights, liabilities - right to re-address etc. Drive pricing consistency by setting annual discount levels against global spend targets, use single currency to match customer budgets, group commercial benefits and deliver the same in all regions
• Consistent and regular account team communication and alignment
• Be orchestrator for other Hitachi companies creating One control point - One strategyLead/Opportunity Management
• Provide support and escalation to local teams
• Validate the global accounts pipeline (including the locally managed regional leads) and driving sales by coordinating with Regional Account Managers to assure that leads and opportunities are correctly documented in system.
• Manage new projects and opportunities incl (GAP analysis) by establishing clear leadership and ownership of opportunity deliverables between Sales, Presales and Support teams as well as Partner and external collaborationBusiness Needs ID
• Understand customers - Hitachi business structure and how they vary across GEOs.
• Understand competitive pressures - unique/complimentary strategies for each of the applicable Geographies to address these.
• Identify selling opportunities by interviewing client's functional stakeholders and coordinating need discovery activities across geographies.
• Engage with LOB owners to identify potential cross sell/ up sell solutions.
• Engage regional sales teams to evaluate customer needs and requirements for both their local market and potentially scalable global solutions.
• Maintain and expand our relevance to customerOpportunity Expansion
• Understand Company businesses, highlighting total IT usage and potential expansion
• Build client CIO/Dept IT perception of Hitachi as a trusted advisor in order to perform companywide assessments of current infrastructure and spending.
•Discover Regional business opportunities and Map our solutions (references) with customer business needs - provide overall roadmap to customer and highlight short term and long term business needs.
Interacts with Hitachi Customers at C level - CIO, CTO, CSO, CDO, LOB - LOB IT Mgmt
Hitachi teams, Regional and Enterprise Account Managers, Solution Consultants, Technical Experts, Vertical Experts, Marketing. Primary Qualifications
*Bay Area residency required
• Minimum of 15 years industry- global experience required
• Ability to reference sell based on library of business outcome focused references
• Solution selling methodology and approach
• Strong communicator, take the lead and structure approach
• Market insight and understand the unique needs of global business
• Understand the client strategy, political/competitive landscape and budget priorities
• Stakeholder Management skills
• Maintains good rapport and demonstrates leadership and teamwork in cross-functional teams
• Ability to work seamlessly in a direct and virtual matrixed managed environment
• Communication and teamwork skills
• Revenue driven and sales process competent
• Customer focused and savvy business hunter mentality
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation, and demonstrated analytical skillsEducation, Experience
•Previous experience selling to Apple required
• Bachelor or Master degree education, Business or Technical
• Demonstrable performance track record within Sales
• 10+ years of work experience in a direct sales function with progressive responsibility in business development, strategic partnerships, alliances or solution sales
• Experience selling to Global Accounts
• Experience Selling Data Management / Cloud / Software Solutions
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.