- Participate with Hitachi US & Japan Design Engineering
organizations in the original design / existing design improvements /
performance validation / production launch, activities of xEV traction motors
for various automotive powertrain products applications.
- Create and / or oversee creation of component and assembly 3-D CAD
models, along with related 2-D manufacturing drawings.
- Facilitate accurate & timely motor program technical
communication between OEM customers to the US / Japan design teams and related
Hitachi manufacturing sites.
- Participate as a member of a motor program global & local US
cross functional teams providing needed product design technical support
- Provide as needed on-site support to the internal motor
manufacturing sites for various engineering duties during sample and mass
- Support various types of product pricing, quoting and cost
- Prepare various types of technical data / information documents
through the use of industry standard PC based software programs ( ex: Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, Solid works,
- Interface as needed with customers, suppliers, internal and
external contacts to achieve project deliverables.
- Travel as necessary to support project objectives (Up to 25% of
time) with potential training in Berea, KY and/or Japan.
ideal candidate is required to:
at min. a B.S. degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering studies or a related
good skills & experience with one or more widely used automotive industry
3-D CAD programs to have generated full function, multi-part assy 3-D models.
travel as needed to HIAMS Japan or other HIAMS (AM) sites to support Motor
program objectives. Some extended training or program support time in Japan is
fluent English communication, strong initiative / motivation and problem
solving skills in a turbulent environment.
ability to use various PC based programs to create / modify / present various
types of data & information.
some level of practical work experience to perform and / or participate with CAE
/ FEA program simulation.
The ideal candidate is preferred to:
a Masters Degree in Engineering studies or related technical field.
some level of practical experience and demonstrated accomplishments in the
original design of HEV traction motors used in automotive applications.
experience interfacing with suppliers and customers to explain technical
documents / drawings / information.
experience at original creation and / or review for revision of a product DFMEA
experience in using ANSYS for FEA calculations or similar software.
in both the English and Japanese languages.