Job ID: 44916
Date Posted: Jan 9, 2020
Segment: Smart Life
Business Unit: Hitachi Automotive
Company Name: Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering
Job Type (Experience Level): New Graduate
Job Schedule: Full-time
Plans and manages activities for multiple projects to ensure goals or objectives are accomplished within a prescribed time
frame by performing any combination of all essential duties and responsibilities.
• Analyze and comprehend system requirements and customer needs.
• Interface with multi-disciplinary team of engineers, customers and vendors to discuss existing and potential new
• Study and understand existing hardware designs and begin to support senior engineers in the creation of entirely
new hardware to realize the desired operational and performance requirements.
• Prepare block diagrams, detailed circuit schematics and manage the PCB layout of hardware concepts and final
• Use technical and engineering acumen to perform the necessary analysis, simulation and verification of analog
and digital hardware and firmware.
• Develop, oversee and manage test specifications and their execution of electrical hardware systems.
• Learn to use reliability and quality tools to assess hardware designs.
• Support senior engineers and manufacturing teams to release hardware designs into production.
• Represent employer at customer meetings to explain or defend technical findings and technical
• Evaluate and investigate products and recommend repair or design modifications based on requirements, cost,
company resources and capabilities.
• Operate computer aided design software such as EXCEL, MathCAD, Matlab/Simulink, SPICE, Labview, Saber
etc.... to perform engineering tasks as necessary.
• Design and coordinate the fabrication and configuration of laboratory test equipment for hardware testing.
• Travel to Japan for technical training and customer support for approximately 10 days per year.
• Easily and regularly walk and move about all locations throughout facility and must be able to lift and maneuver
over short distances objects that weigh approximately 40lbs.
• Education Requirements:
o Minimum BS Electrical Engineering / MS Electrical Engineering is preferred
o Course focus on power electronics and circuits and systems.
• Experience Requirements:
o 1-3 years
o Familiarity of electrical power conversion methods and topologies. Including switch mode power and electric motor drives.
o Familiarity of microprocessor interfaces for sensors and actuators for both high and low voltage
o Understanding of the various milestones and guidelines in taking a product from concept into mass production.
o Understanding engineering analysis methods and interpreting the results to convey this information to others.
o Proficient in setting up and using laboratory test equipment such as multi-meters, scopes, logic analyzer, power analyzer.
o Comfortable and aware of safety guidelines when being around higher voltage and higher current apparatus.
o Comfortable and aware of safety guidelines when being around high speed mechanical equipment.
o Critical thinking and problem solving skills with excellent communication of problems and solutions
o Active and continuous learning to understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem solving and decision making.
o Excellent speaking and writing skills to convey information efficiently and effectively.