Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs.The Role
The Pricing Strategist provides analysis, optimization, recommendations and approval on competitive pricing of all Hitachi Vantara sales opportunities. This role works closely with the field sales, other DOC's functions (Configuration/PMO) and other internal teams to achieve the best responsiveness and accuracy in the production of quotations for customers. From time to time and under specific situations, this role may assume position of the Team Manager and part of its responsibilities.Responsibilities
- First point of contact for all pricing recommendations of Customer deals (mainly CAPEX).
- Assist in the workflow of securing required pricing approvals for solutions, that maximize profit, while meeting the customers' needs and authority guidelines and processes.
- Provide recommendations for competitive pricing of products and solutions.
- Maintain an expert level knowledge of market conditions and competitive pricing.
- Ensure all Hitachi Vantara's product technologies (e.g. HDD types) are considered to ensure optimum profitability, competitiveness and an eventual win.
- Provide input to RFQ/RFP/RFI responses in pricing and product modeling for large Global/International opportunities that have many unique characteristics.
- Maintain inventory level awareness and advice projected lead times to field sales.
- Proactively communicate and apply available Sales Promotions and Program Funds to optimize pricing and financials.
- Recommend programmatic changes to improve win rate and create incremental opportunity.
- Proactively communicate with other Pricing Strategists and the technical Configuration Strategists to uncover changes in requirements that may impact pricing and approval process.
- Manage and report Win/Loss activity for deals handled. Utilize this information, as well as the information gathered by peers, to make more informed decisions. Identify trends and develop pricing models to optimize win rate and long-term results.
- Maintain a close working relationship with all Deal Operations Center personnel, as well as other support colleagues (Finance, Operations, Services, etc.)
- Build a strong relationship with field sales by proactively communicating sales promotions and programs, competitive situations, as well as best practices.
- Advise Team Manager on specific resource requirements and pricing personnel issues that may affect ability to support field sales activity.
- Assume role of Team Manager in specific situations.
- Actively engage with Commercial Managers, Finance, CS-S, GFS team and other stakeholders to ensure that all alternatives are being considered to improve profitability of the business case.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience directly related to pricing, commercial, sales support and/or financial analysis.
- Experience in deal analysis and strategic pricing is desirable, particularly as directly related to IT systems and data storage.
- Prior experience in Customer Service, Commercial or a Sales support role is desirable.
- Preferably knowledge of at least one of storage industry; deal analysis; strategic pricing; awareness of US GAAP revenue recognition accounting standards.
- A demonstrable ability and willingness to learn.
- Ability to effectively communicate and share information with peers and all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivator who demonstrates drive and initiative.
- Fluent in English and Spanish is mandatory; Portuguese is desired.