This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 44842
Date Posted: Jul 1, 2020
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): R&D
Job Type (Experience Level): Internship
Job Schedule: Full-time
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Status: Full-Time Internship
Term: March 2020 through September 2020
Hours: 9am-6pm (with a one hour lunch break), Monday - Friday
Hourly Compensation: TBD
The Hitachi America, Ltd. (www.hitachi-america.us) is looking for a candidate pursuing their Master’s/Ph.D. degree in Engineering (or equivalent) to join our Research & Development team as an Intern. The Research Intern will be involved in research for the automotive industry. The specific focus will be on projects related to image processing and advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS). This will involve algorithm development along with validation on hardware using real life data. The intern will work closely with HAL researchers and Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas to enhance system performance by introducing advanced techniques. The intern will also periodically communicate with the supervisor to define the scope of the work and to document the research.
· Enrollment in Master’s/Ph.D. degree program in Engineering (or equivalent)
· Knowledge of computer vision and image processing is required
· Knowledge of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) is preferred
· Programming skills in C++ and MATLAB is required
· Experience using OpenCV libraries is preferred
· Good literature survey, technical writing & communication skills
· Ability to plan and execute experiments; document, analyze, and present experimental results
· Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate dedication to completing jobs on time
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesIf you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.