Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes. The Role
Hitachi Vantara GDDC (Service Operations Centre) provides remote managed storage solutions to client based storage architectures. The GDDC is part of a wider Global Delivery (GD) team which also includes Compute and engineering teams for GD products and services.
Reporting to the GDDC Operations Manager, this individual will provide first line Storage provisioning and Incident Management in accordance with customer procedures and contracts. The Candidate is a team player, a motivator and a problem solver, able to analyse complex problems and form workable solutions.Responsibilities
• Administration - troubleshooting Hitachi VSP G/F series, VSP, USPv, HNAS, and HCP
• Storage file and content management
• Block level administration and implementation
• Allocation of SAN and NAS storage
• Administration of storage replication
• Hitachi Management products including HiCommand Suite(HCS) , HSNM2 and Tuning Manager
• Ideally have Brocade and Cisco experience
• Would be advantageous to have EMC and Netapp experience
• Support provision based on a 4 day on and 3 day off 12 hour shift basisProfile
• At least 5 years' experience within complex IT environments including storage management and provision
• Hitachi Vantara Certification for both file and block preferred
• Concise written and Oral communication
• Ability to operate within a Team Environment
In addition to the technical skills above, the successful candidate will have clear and concise written and oral communication skills, able to provide feedback in a positive and constructive manner able to operate effectively in a demanding environment.Competencies
• Excellent Written and Oral English Skills
• Accountability for own and team actions
• Attention to detail - producing accurate and full work in accordance with requests
• Knowledge Sharing - helping to develop technical and process Knowledge across the team
• Strong Customer OrientationRequirement of Health and Security
• Take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of others, who may be affected by what you do or do not do at work.
• Cooperate with your Employer on matters of Health and Safety.
• Abide by the HITACHI VANTARA and Customer Information Security policies, Acceptable Usage policies, Guidelines and Procedures.
• Maintain security awareness appropriate to the level of duties being performed.
• Report suspected vulnerabilities, breaches and/or misuse of HITACHI VANTARA data/systems to a manager, IT support staff or the Information Security Officer.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.