Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes. The Role
Job title: GDDC Migration Engineer
Reporting to: GDDC Operations ManagerJob purpose
Hitachi Vantara GDDC (Global Development - Delivery Center) provides remote managed storage solutions to client based storage and IT architectures.
Reporting to the GDDC Operations Manager, this individual will be involved in storage migration/transformation project and provide L3 technical support to customers. The candidate must be a team player, a motivator and a problem solver, able to analyse complex problems and define workable solutions.Responsibilities
• Be part of all types of migration/transformation projects and provide excellent input for their successful development, implementation and management across the client base.
• Work closely with Hitachi Service Delivery Managers, Account Teams, other departments (i.e., Migration/transformation team) and Customers to ensure effective delivery - implementation of storage infrastructure, software and services
• Provide excellent Level 3 technical support and act as a technical escalation.
• Stay abreast with the current and future services / technologies, this includes various technologies but not limited to Block, File, Content, Compute, Cloud for both Hitachi and 3rd party vendors.
• Be proactive in understanding new and upcoming technologies, work with offering/product management teams to provide technical input to ensure GDDC customer requirements are met during the product development cycle.
• Work on tight migration/transformation deadlines and deliver them without compromising the quality.
• Maintain up to date runbook, configuration documentation.
• Attend meetings, migration review and planning, emails and communications with other teams.
• Requirement for tasks specific to transformation and Open Systems migrations as below:
- SAN Cisco Migrations and required Skills:
- Cisco MDS Switches - 9513, 9710
- SAN migration experience
- Cisco DCNM (Fabric Manager)
- Perform SAN data collection using DCNM and CLI
- Perform zoning with CLI (e.g. 100+ servers)
- Hitachi Arrays Data Migrations and Skills:
- Hitachi VSP, G1000
- Hitachi HCS (Hi-Command Suite)
- LUN allocation using raidcom CLI (for ~100 servers per event)
- Create Host Group
- Set Host Mode and HMO
- Add Host WWN
- Add LUN
- Experience with CCI on Linux server
- Basic scripting skills
• At least 5-7 years of strong IT storage support experience within complex IT environments.
• Strong technical skills in various Storage Block/Content/File/Compute/Fabric and Cloud technologies including both Hitachi, EMC, Cisco and other 3rd party vendors.
• Storage Administration, including RAID and LUN creation and mapping, storage optimization, performance tuning, capacity management and provisioning.
• Solid storage replication experience ex: Global Active Device (GAD), Truecopy (TC), Universal Replication (HUR), Shadow Image and Thin Image snapshot technologies.
• Strong understanding of SCSI, Fibre Channel, SAN environments.
• Strong skills installing/upgrading and managing the storage management toolsets. Ex: Hicommand Suite (Device Manager, Tuning Manager), Hitachi Performance Analytics (HDCA and HIAA).
• Strong experience in SAN Switch Migrations (fabric) - Data MigrationCompetencies
• Excellent Written and Oral English Skills
• Accountability for own and team actions
• Attention to detail - producing accurate and full work in accordance with requests
• Knowledge Sharing - helping to develop technical and process Knowledge across the team
• Strong Customer OrientationRequirement of Health and Security
• Take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of others, who may be affected by what you do or do not do at work.
• Cooperate with your Employer on matters of Health and Safety.
• Abide by the HITACHI VANTARA and Customer Information Security policies, Acceptable Usage policies, Guidelines and Procedures.
• Maintain security awareness appropriate to the level of duties being performed.
• Report suspected vulnerabilities, breaches and/or misuse of HITACHI VANTARA data/systems to a manager, IT support staff or the Information Security Officer.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.