Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs.Sales Manager, Territory
Reporting into the General Manager - MEPSummary
The role will lead and drive revenue generation activities in the defined territory, meeting and exceeding challenging growth targets set for the current financial year and beyond.
The role also will manage 4-5 key enterprise accounts (that will be agreed upon) where there will be a direct accountability for the revenue generated from these accounts.
Accountability - Driving sales in the defined territoryKey Responsibilities
- Achieving sustainable growth
- Delivering increases within key focus areas where Hitachi Vantara must accelerate market share.
- Taking ownership of revenue targets in the defined territory to include Hitachi Solutions, including Edge -to-Cloud solutions, digital solutions and Services.
- Planning - Budgeting
- Develop, gain agreement from MEP management to and implement strategic business plans to drive continual profitable growth across the defined territory
- Develop, gain agreement from MEP management to and fulfill appropriate annual plans for the defined territory
- Monitor regularly progress against plans, recommending and implementing agreed corrective action
Sales - Marketing Management
- Quota will be the rollup of the quotas of selected sales representatives reporting into the role in the defined territory, in addition to the quota assigned to the 4-5 key enterprise accounts.
- Drive development and implementation of sales strategy specific to the defined territory requirements to enable continual profitable growth
- Maintain relationships with key customer executives in the defined territory
- Maintain relationships with key partner executives in the defined territory
- Break out new accounts and segments where appropriate
- Ensure cross-functional communications, including engaging with the Service and pre-sales organizations in the defined territory to ensure that technical resource is sufficient to support the growing business. Highlight to MEP management any issues so actions can be taken.
Ensure that we maintain the below KPIs for the defined territory and against quota assigned
- Pipeline equal to 3.5 times the target at all times
- Four reference customers per year
- Balanced revenue from core and digital solutions (focus on Lumada, Pentaho, HCP and REAN)
- Build account plans and closing plans for Tier 1 accounts in the defined territory
- Arrange the at least 2 workshops for each customer in the Tier 1 list
- Ensure Corporate policy is followed in respect of people issues, partnering with Human Resources Director where necessary.
- Ensure appropriate personal development plans are in place for direct reports, and that performance management is embedded throughout the Sales organization.
Defined territory: selected industry vertical(s), location(s), segment(s), and/or a combination of them.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Appointments will be made in line with the company's Employment Equity strategy.