This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 44931
Date Posted: Apr 7, 2020
Segment: Smart Life
Business Unit: Hitachi Automotive
Company Name: Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Due to continued growth at our Monroe, Georgia location, we have a need for a strategic, dynamic, and forward-thinking Engineering Manager looking to “shift gears” and join the team. You offer us your determination and work-ethic; we offer you very competitive pay and top-notch health benefits.
Reporting to the Direct of Engineering, the Engineering Manager plans, directs, and coordinates all activities of Maintenance, Tooling, and Engineering Department with all other departments and functions. Ensure compliance of company policies and TS16949 policies and procedures.
Chief Duties and/or Responsibilities:
1. Manages all aspects of Engineering and Maintenance Department to include but not limited to processes, maintenance of equipment, continuous improvement, analysis of scrap data for current and new manufacturing lines.
2. Manages the development of methods, tooling, labor and set up estimates for new products and revisions for existing products.
3. Assures that design of new and redesign and/or modification of existing machines, equipment and manufacturing procedures are being satisfactorily performed.
4. Recommends replacement of existing equipment and provides long-range facility planning assistance.
5. Responsible for production liaison and engineering assistance for solutions to production engineering bottlenecks.
6. Provides engineering solutions to achieve the quality demands of the Plant as it relates to production machinery, tooling and manufacturing processes.
7. Assures that the design, specifications, construction and debugging of new tooling is consistent with needs, commercial specifications, cost justifications and time constraints.
8. Meet with product engineering groups and negotiate existing and new product design changes and project timetables, which will enable quality manufacturing at the lowest cost.
9. Direct process control programs with plant, manufacturing, engineering and vendors, which will ensure products can be economically maintained to ensure product acceptability to the final customer.
10. Develop and approve operating budgets and administer approved budgets. Must report against operating budgets.
11. Provide technical training and technical work direction to support personnel and supervisors within the plant.
12. Conduct supervisory responsibilities concerning the hiring, training, counseling and discipline, performance appraisal, and assigning/prioritizing all work for subordinates.
Qualified Applicants will possess the following:
Responsible for the direction and supervision of employees.
Required to sit or stand and move about the facility. Occasional lifting of items not to exceed 50 lbs.
Combination of office and plant environment. May be required to use safety glasses and wear steel toe shoes while performing specific tasks or while in specific manufacturing areas.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Since we only hire the best and want to maintain a safe and pleasant work environment for all, final candidates are subject to drug screen and background checks. Hitachi is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).