Manager, AWS Application ArchitectThe Company
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.Exciting Future Opportunities
We are expecting fun and exciting opportunities, and want to make sure we have your resume!The Role
The AWS Application Architect-s primary role is to Architect end-to-end solutions for multi layered applications on a variety of technology stacks and manage the development process. Listed below are skills for an AWS Application Architect.-nbsp;Responsibilities:
- Lead - own all technical aspects of system development including the integration, extension and upgrade of existing systems.
Strategically shape the technical roadmap definition, establish engineering best practices and provide a managerial perspective and direction.
- Provide in-depth technical and hands-on leadership in the design and development of comprehensive, business oriented solutions.
- Evaluate and select the right technologies, rapidly develop prototypes and oversee the technical aspects of systems development and operations.
- Manage the development process to ensure that design standards are being followed, application requirements are fully implemented, technologies are efficiently and correctly implemented and a high level of maintainability and extensibility is achieved.
- Manage the execution and support multiple concurrent projects and ensure deadlines are met.
- Lead team meetings, stand-ups and architecture/design discussion.
- Serve as a mentor and coach for leads and developers, and either oversee and/or perform design code reviews of the technical work and coding.
- Continually be seeking to identify and recommend areas of improvement in our solutions, technology stacks, SDLC and development processes and take full managerial ownership to make them better.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Demonstrated success in actively contributing to large consulting projects.
- Effectively communicates to diverse technical and nontechnical audiences, including developers, technical leads, peer architects, delivery owners, business owners, senior leaders, etc.
- Experience with Cloud, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a service; micro-services architecture and architecture models is required.
- Experience in full life-cycle of software development or methodology using Agile Scrum/Kanban etc; requirements analysis, design, development, testing and implementation
- Guide global agile teams as they perform feature level design, development, testing, and performance analysis.
- Architect end-to-end solutions for multi layered applications on a variety of technology stacks
- Strong understanding of DevOps tools/process/methodologies
- 3+ Years in Architecture experience on AWS Cloud Platform - VPC, S3, Kinesis, Elasticsearch, Elastic Beanstalk, API Gateway, Dynamo DB, ECS, EKS
- 2+ Years in programs leveraging automation, continuous build and continuous deployment practices using tools such as Jenkins, VSTS, Cucumber, JMeter etc.
- 2+ Years in container platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes
- 1+ Years in automating infrastructure provisioning using CloudFormation, Terraform
- 1+ Years in building end to end products using Serverless Architectures (AWS Lambda)
- AWS Certification is a plus.
- 3+ Years of advanced knowledge in NodeJS, React - J2EE technologies
- Experience with Content Management Platforms (Adobe EM, Sitecore etc.)
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) methodology and leveraging the appropriate tools
: Flexibility required in the future
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.