Lead, AWS Full Stack Developer (Remote)
Product Engineering Services PracticeThe Company
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs Responsibilities:
This Lead, AWS (Amazon Web Services) Full Stack Developer will be a key contributor to our Product Engineering Services practice:
• Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
• Continuously improve software engineering practices
• Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
• Proven experience and knowledge of the AWS cloud computing platform, its many services and dimensions of scalability - including but not limited to: Lambda, S3 (Object Storage), VPC (Virtual Private Cloud), EC2, EBS (Block Storage under high I/O), ELB/Elastic Beanstalk (load-balancing and autoscaling), SQS (messaging), Cloud Formation for AWS Orchestration, Alternative Queuing Platforms, CloudWatch and RedShift.
• Write unit tests and automated acceptance tests.
• Design test protocols to provide high levels of confidence in software's stability, usability, and security.
• Provide development time estimates, constraints, and risks/liabilities.
• Understand and implement the stated requirements for software.
• Deliver software within given time constraints.
• Plan and prioritize development tasks in order to achieve objectivesQualifications:
• Demonstrated success in actively contributing to large consulting projects.
• 3+ years of experience with Cloud, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a service; micro-services architecture and architecture models is required.
• 5+ years of experience in full life-cycle of software development or methodology using Agile Scrum/Kanban etc., requirements analysis, design, development, testing and implementation
• Experience in DevOps tools/process/methodologies.
• Agile/Scrum, Jira, Iterative, Team Development
• Track record of designing and implementing enterprise applications
• Serverless Compute, Security, Transactional Processing, and High Resiliency.
• Strong knowledge of Database and Database development tools: MySQL, PostgreSQL , AWS RDS, AWS Aurora, AWS DynamoDB, Oracle
• Experience working with automation tools, Cloud management tools
• Knowledge of federated authentication and authorization models
• Cloud methodologies and architecture (IaaS, PaaS), automation, orchestration
• Demonstrates strong analytical and communication skills
• Demonstrates strong customer service orientationLocation:
Remote - but occasional travel to client site is required
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.