Job description Hitachi Rail STS USA
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Contract Manager
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail STS is an international leader with a global presence in signaling and the implementation of integrated transport systems for freight and passenger railways, as well as mass transit systems. We design, manufacture and implement signaling systems for the management and control of freight and passenger traffic on mainline railways as well as metros.
Hitachi Rail STS is not only a valuable company, but a company based on values. We believe that our five key values guide our actions and make Hitachi Rail STS a competitive, effective company: Customer Focus, Innovation and Excellence, People, Team Spirit, and Integrity Accountabilities:
- The successful candidate will manage and drive the contracts management aspects of all the details below effectively.
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all contracts entered into by the company meets with their commercial and legal requirements and standards of compliance. The role also is responsible for the design of contract and will be involved in contract negotiations with suppliers, sub-contractors and vendors.
Specific Responsibilities includes:-
Required Skills & Experience
- Contracts (various: including formal, short form, and annual contracts)-Drafting, Evaluation, Negotiation and Execution, including Non-Disclosure Agreements, Biding Agreements, Sub-contracts, Consulting Agreements, Licensing Agreements, Master Agreements, review of sub contract proposed terms and conditions
- Serve as the point of contact for contractors on contractual matters. Act as contractual "middleman" between company employees and contractors, ensuring timely review and approval / reconciliation of variations.
- Maintain contractual records and documentations and control of all contract correspondence, contractor contact information sheets, contractual changes, status reports and other documents for all projects.
- Develop contract training materials and impart training to project management group, delivery team and all the relevant staff in contracting clause, practices and procedures.
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy. As appropriate, contribute to or influence company policies.
- Monitor compliance by company employees with established procedures. Identify areas of recurrent pressure.
- Work and manage related risk involved and coordinate contractual insurance requirements.
- Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility and awareness, interpretation to support implementation.
- Handle on-going issue and change management
- Monitor transaction compliance (milestones, deliverable, invoicing etc.)
- Oversee Service Level Agreement Compliance
- Ensure timely contract close-out, extension or renewal.
- Manage claim for Incoming and Outgoing:
- Provide contractual clarification / position to project's team members
Tertiary qualifications in engineering, project/construction/building management or Quantity Surveying are essential Desired Skills & Experience
- Post graduate qualifications in construction law or contracts management are highly desirable
- Minimum 15-year experience in the railway/infrastructure/resource industry
- Minimum 5-year experience in senior contract & commercial roles in complex technical or engineering based organization
- Law degree from accredited university desired but not required
Bachelor's degree Languages:
English Proficiency Benefits: Hitachi Rail STS
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.