Summary – Responsible
for the maintenance of a detailed cost by product
information. Maintains and monitors cost files in the ERP system to
ensure accurate product profitability information is reported to
management. Assists in the various other accounting related projects
and tasks. Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, laws,
regulations, and processes.
- Responsible for day to day general
accounting functions such as closing, costing, analyzing & reporting
results to members of cross functional teams & management
- Maintain and update standard costing data &
labor/overhead rates within the ERP system including semi-annual cost
- Investigate all cost variance accounts and items on at
least a monthly basis.
- Report any unusual items to management and
make necessary adjustments to accurately reflect product cost data.
- Follow up on outstanding contingency &
recovery items with respective departments
- Support the quoting process by providing estimated cost
data for GASE and Overhead for new product quotes.
- Support DE and Purchasing in the budget process to
ensure that costs entered into the budget systems are correct.
- Monitor all product cost elements such as defects,
freight, duty, etc. to ensure they are being accurately
calculated and costed to each product.
- Prepare product profitability reports and data as
needed to management.
- Assist in monthly financial closing process
- Responsible for certain aspects of Sarbane’s Oxley
compliance project as assigned by F&A management.
- Prepare account reconciliations for certain general
ledger accounts assigned by F&A management & follow up on
aged/outstanding balances to ensure accuracy of financial statements
- Assist in the budget process and the monthly
- Provide assistance to the department on a wide variety
of F&A projects.
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to
work with all levels of staff required. Ability to maintain
strict confidentiality of information is required.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and
follows all regulations and requirements related to safety and
- Responsible for following all quality policy standards.
skills & abilities: Must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. Possess ability to perform duties utilizing current
company software applications. Excellent Microsoft excel,
interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
required. Performs job duties in an ethical and professional
manner. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
in SAP/4Hana software would be a plus
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience: 5+ years prior related experience required.
- Physical Demands: Required to sit or stand for long periods of time. The
employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Ability to
work 40 – 50 hours per week.
- Travel: Domestic travel may be required as
- Work Environment: Working in an office environment with exposure
to manufacturing areas.
Responsibilities: Supervisory responsibilities
may be required to perform the job duties as designated by area management.