This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 44964
Date Posted: Jan 31, 2020
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail Limited
Profession (Job Category): Repair & Maintenance
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the UK, Europe and Japan? Come and join the fastest growing rail business in the world!
As a global provider of total railway solutions, Hitachi Rail Limited has a growing international presence and product range. We are leading the largest rail modernisation project in UK history and delivering the UK’s next generation of rolling stock. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
Hitachi Rail Limited are looking for talented Overhaul & Modification Technicians to join our state of the art Train Maintenance Centre in Doncaster. This is a permanent role working on days shift, Monday to Friday.
We are looking for dedicated and talented individuals to undertake overhaul, modification, corrective and preventative maintenance, servicing, complex fault finding and repair of Hitachi rolling stock assets. You will be working with our brand new fleet of Class 800/801 rolling stock for the Intercity Express Program on the East Coast Main Line. In this exciting new role you will be working in a dynamic work environment that values collaboration, adaptability and creativity.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following deliverables:
· Undertake overhaul and modification duties as directed by the Team Leader
· Perform Operations pre-sale activates in preparation for final train commissioning, testing and acceptance by the customer.
· Great Western contract mobilisation and ongoing delivery of the operational maintenance requirements.
· Support Great Western and East Coast Main Line train delivery, testing and commissioning teams in the UK and in Japan.
· Perform the “safety of the line” inspections prior to commencement of nightly / daily testing and that this is recorded into the Maintenance Management System.
· Undertake the testing maintenance regime at North Pole or any other testing location as required in such a way as to not impact operational test running.
· Support the delivery of new trains and undertake the maintenance acceptance processes.
· Perform fault finding and repair of Hitachi rolling stock assets incorporating best practice and lessons learnt from the established Class 395 maintenance team at Ashford.
· Undertake depot special tools initial training and competency assessment To include depot protection systems, bogie drop equipment, fire alarm, lifting equipment (including crane systems and mobile hydraulic lifting equipment), depot maintenance shed 25kv overhead traction supply, train windscreen lifting device, mobile lifting/scaffolding platforms and train wash.
· Support the continued development of the SAP maintenance management system (MMS). Ensure all shop floor requirements are captured and delivered.
· Personally responsible for ensuring all materials removed from the store are recorded in SAP. Any materials being returned to the stores for repair are correctly labelled and process is followed. This applies to North Pole and at out based locations as required during testing and commissioning.
· Comply with the lean principles and best practice as instructed at North Pole and other out stabled locations as necessary.
· Development of the Maintenance Manual – Testing of new maintenance documents at the train, feedback any potential improvements to the technical author as part of the continuous improvement loop.
· Fleet Delivery – Support the Service Delivery Manager to ensuring the contractual agreed number of trains are made available for service.
· Undertake the required corrective and preventative running maintenance. Ensure exam tasks are being completed in a timely manner, undertake fault rectification or repair when required.
· Health & safety – Follow the correct working practices at all times. All relative PPE equipment is being used. Ensure road ways/pits are kept clean after work.
· Attendance at testing locations, main line station and outstations to undertake preventative and corrective maintenance as required.
· Must be prepared to travel and overnight away from base location for short periods of time to support Great Western and East Cost Main Line train commissioning, testing and specialist training.
· Liaise with Hitachi and external personnel as required to complete the duties of the post.
· Must undertake training for depot train driving / assessment and pass as competent.
At Hitachi Rail Limited you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, up to 28 days of annual leave and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications is 30th January 2020