Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. The Role
We are looking for a Financial Services (FS) SME to join our growing EMEA Strategy and Advisory team to lead the development of new solutions to address industry challenges and support the acquisition and delivery of these new solutions in the market. This is an opportunity to join a consulting organisation that can draw on the Hitachi Ltd. 100+ year heritage of being an Operational Technology provider and combine this with advances in Information Technology to deliver valuable innovation to the FS sector in the time of significant industry change.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with strong insight into the core business challenges faced by the FS industry combined with hands on experience. The candidate will have a passion for designing executable solutions to deliver sustainable benefits for our clients through the use of emerging technologies like Big Data, IoT and Machine Learning that build on our established expertise in Analytics, Business Intelligence, Package Implementations, and Software Development. The individual must be comfortable working as part of a diverse and geographically distributed team and ideally have experience developing solutions and associated business cases.Responsibilities
- The main areas of responsibility are:
- Provision of insight into FS industry trends, priorities, challenges and market opportunity
- Demonstrable Industry Expertise to engage with FS Industry clients
- Solution development for areas for potential investment and identifying how Hitachi products/services may bring value to clients in the sector
- Generation of sales collateral along with the Business Development team for target clients
- Understanding of the competitive landscape
- Ability to leverage FS industry network to generate opportunities
- Acting as a senior technical Business Analyst / Subject Matter Expert
We hire professionals, passionate about the benefits technology can bring to business. Although it is likely that the majority of people who meet our criteria will come from a large-scale consulting or systems integration backgrounds, we are enthusiastic to help individuals with relevant skills who want to take on the challenges of a consulting role for the first time.The FS SME will typically have
- In depth knowledge of industry trends and priority of areas for future investment
- Strong experience in one or more of the following; investment banking, insurance, commercial banking, building societies
- Experience of managing broad group of stakeholders (both in business and IT).
- It is imperative that this person is able to have effective conversations and build relationships with very senior individuals
- Strong knowledge of how emerging technologies (e.g. AI/ML, RPA) can deliver positive impacts to FS clients
- Experience of delivering large IT programmes - should have decent technical background
- Demonstrable success increasing an organisations footprint with customers
- A solid personal network for opportunity generation and validation of solution fit to industry challenges
- Experience developing and/ or deploying technology solutions to address challenges and grow organisational capability
- An understanding of the factors effecting potential ROI for developed solutions
- Experience of mobilising and leading high performing delivery teams
Whilst Hitachi Vantara is respectful of our employees work / life balance candidates should be fully prepared to travel throughout the UK and internationally if required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour,religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state or local law.
As a global company, we understand, appreciate and respect the diversity of our people and foster a collaborative work environment with equal opportunity for all employees. Inclusion and diversity is a fundamental strength of Hitachi Vantara that adds value for our company, our clients, our suppliers and the communities in which we live and work.