Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
Hitachi Vantara is currently investing in its IT Outsourcing Practice which is growing rapidly in the UK and Europe. As part of this, we are seeking to recruit an experienced Application Support Consultant to join us, based in the UK.
We provide 2nd and 3rd line ITIL-compliant Application support for a range of clients and this opportunity is working with a prestigious public-sector client.
The main areas of responsibility are:
- Working as part of a Service team on the 2nd line Support function
- Responding to requests from the Global Service Desk "first line support", ensuring that accurate information is captured and documented within the ticket.
- Providing procedural workarounds and/or Advice and Guidance as may be required
- Providing data fixes as appropriate and in accordance with process
- Monitoring active Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Key performance Indicator (KPI) measurements to proactively maintain appropriate metrics, ensuring that event triggers and notifications are controlled to ensure resolution within required timelines
- POC for Priority/Severity 1's, able to co-ordinate conference calls and management as required (if delegated by the Support Lead)
- MIR (Major Incident Report) life cycle management
- Acting a SME for Support and process queries
- Liaising with 3rd party providers to provide end-to-end support for the customer.
- Driving CSI opportunities
- Proactive management of the Support Workstack (including Incidents, Service Requests, Problems, Changes, RFC's and Releases), fulfilling and managing the life cycle of.
- Attending required Meetings, including Incident, Service Desk and Problem reviews as required
- Management and access control for the SharePoint based sites - client gateways, as required
- Assisting in the documentation, testing and implementation of ITIL service processes.
- Contributing to department goals, objectives and team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and assigned by the Service Ops, Service Manager and/or Career Advisor
- Performing PACs testing and support (either at site or remotely)
- Performing Server Migration activities, planning execution, scheduling and control (including QA and life cycle management)
- Producing Users Guides and Knowledge Articles as maybe required
- Assisting in other areas of the Service as maybe requested (eg Project, Testing Support)
- Good organisational, facilitation and planning skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience of working in a 2nd Line Application Support or Breast Screening (or alternative Cancer Screening) Operations environment
- Strong skills in customer service, relationship building and communication - at all levels.
- Tenacity for dealing with complex issues
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication, telephony - presentation skills for interaction with end users, clients and senior management. Also, to communicate complex issues to colleagues and non-technical business associates
- A demonstrable passion for technology and a wish to improve and innovate for the end-user
- Excellent time keeping
- Hands-on experience with PACS HL7 and DICOM, NBSS Daybook, High Risk Programme, Smart Clinics, Whiteboards
- Able to clarify Incidents - Service Requests with Clients and End Users, ensuring that the ticket is correct categorised and has sufficient information to progress
- Proven experience of managing and understanding the Support lifecycle
- NBSS Application Knowledge, including Reports, SMART Clinics
- Minor Development capability to affect small/minor changes, if required
- NBSS Screening Office Functional Operational knowledge
- ITIL Foundation Certified
- Prior Experience of working with service desk tool sets, such Service Now and with a working knowledge of ITIL Delivery methodologies
- PACS Conformance testing and support experience or willingness to learn
- Previous experience of working within the Healthcare sector, specifically Breast Screening or other Cancer Screening programme.
- Proven ability of team working and producing results in line with expectations and needs
- Working to Quality Standards such as ISO9001
- Ability to drive Service Improvement and Innovation
- Management of risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies including notifying management
- Keeping up to date with technical and industry developments - standards
- Keeping up to date with NHS information - Government standards - principles
- Keeping up to date with updates to the NBS Programme
- Proven history of Liaison with 3rd Parties and the Customer, including agreeing and documenting End User requirements
- Unit Testing of Changes plus involvement in other required test cycles, such as system, regression, backwards compatibility and performance testing, including supporting the customer with UAT where required
- Server Migrations - planning, execution, scheduling and control
- Licence procurement and management of requests
- Security Management - ISO27001 Foundation Level (including management of Security Incidents in line with Contractual Requirements)
- Hands-on exposure to working and supporting an Application Service using Intersystems Cache, Crystal reports, VB6 and applying data fixes as may be required
Whilst Hitachi Vantara is respectful of our employee's work / life balance candidates should be fully prepared to travel throughout the UK and internationally if required. Travel will be required for this role in line with business requirements.
Hours of work will be in line with Business need and flexible to cover the requirements of the Support team rota