Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. The Role
We have an opportunity for a DevOps Consultant to join our Technology Solutions practice. We are a prestigious Microsoft Gold Partner and work with clients across many industry sectors. You will be working as part of a project team, with the latest Microsoft technologies, on high profile client engagements helping to deliver complex solutions.
- Experience with design and implementation of CI, CD and ARA (preferably worked on large platforms) with preference for Azure cloud or other tools and Services which can be used for DevOps activities e.g. Octopus, Ansible, Terraform
- Experience of implementing Continuous delivery for both application and data solutions using Source Control Repositories and Governance frameworks
- DevOps work including end-to-end DevOps with modern tools encompassing both Applications and Infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Docker, Docker-compose and container technology, experienced at designing, deploying and scaling Docker based production systems.
- Strong experience in implementations on public clouds (Azure, Google)
- Strong infrastructure design and management experience with preference for Azure best practice for cloud infrastructures and technology implementations
- Excellent knowledge of scripting in Linux and Windows (Bash, Groovy, Python, PowerShell, etc.)
- Good understanding of network design and security e.g. use of firewalls, subnetting etc.
- Experienced at working hands-on, automating everything from deployment to day-to-day management tasks
- Knowledge of Agile practices and Agile release process
- A proven problem solver, whatever the problem might be: Someone who solves their own problems
- Excellent Communication skills
- Experience as .NET Developer and/or Python Developer or SSIS and/or SSAS
- Spark and/or SQL
Role - Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the solution architect, Test lead and development leads to define the DevOps strategy, automation, release management...etc.
- Facilitate integration between development and customer-s environments, enabling continuous integration and continuous deployment of software releases built on multiple technologies
- Supporting the development and testing team in resolving day-to-day deployment and hosting issues
- Provide Technical leadership across the project team members and other projects as well
- Defining deployment standards for development team - reviewing delivered build packages for validating the required standards
- Release Management
- Automation Architect
Whilst Hitachi Vantara is respectful of our employee's work / life balance, candidates should be prepared to travel internationally if required.Inclusion and Diversity:
Hitachi Vantara is committed to building an inclusive work environment that leverages the diverse talent and perspectives of our global workforce. We value the unique background, experience and capability of each employee and embrace differences including gender, race, religion, disability, nationality, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity and personal style.
As a global company, we understand, appreciate and respect the diversity of our people and foster a collaborative work environment with equal opportunity for all employees. Inclusion and diversity is a fundamental strength of Hitachi Vantara that adds value for our company, our clients, our suppliers and the communities in which we live and work.