HITACHI RAIL JV is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Director of Operations to work on our Honolulu Rail Project. As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. The position is based in Honolulu, HI.
Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail JV is a Hawaii-based Joint Venture, which was awarded $1.4 billion Design-Build-Operate-Maintain (DBOM) contract for the Honolulu Rail Transit Project (Project), the first Driverless Rail Transit System in the USA. Hitachi Rail JV has assembled a team of experienced professionals in order to deliver a world-class rail transit system capable of delivering highly comfortable, reliable, safe and cost-effective transportation.
Hitachi Rail JV believes that our key values consisting of customer focus, innovation and excellence, people, team spirit, and integrity will guide our actions and make our companies competitive and effective.
Execution of safe and efficient railway operation in alignment with contract requirements, budget and company guidelines
Lead of Operations & Maintenance Work for the Honolulu Rail Transit Project, during mobilization/maintenance from now to end of 2020, and actual passenger service from 2021 on.
Tasks will include:
• Ensure the execution of project operation activities in alignment with contract requirements, budget and company guidelines. Ensure the issuing and the approval of the project Operation Organization
• Contribute to the staffing of the operation organization identifying and describing the "jobs/profiles" project requirements
• Ensure the operation project staff Selection
• Ensure the maintenance and the relevant approval of the
• Ensure all Work Permits of operation project resources are released on time
• Ensure the identification of all Operational Restrictions and the definition and implementation of the relevant mitigation/corrective actions
• Approve the Operation project resources rosters
• Ensure the issuing of Operational project reporting on System performances
• Ensure the System Performance according to project KPIs
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
Experience in O&M start-ups in US
Hitachi Rail JV employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.