We are currently seeking suitably qualified Technical Support Specialists and Obsolescence Engineers who are passionate, ambitious and results driven.
In accordance with the Company Vision, Mission, Values and Management Disciplines, the role will carry out Support, Maintenance and Health Checks of equipment. ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Accountabilities include but are not limited to the following:
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Providing support to the Operations Staff in the Operations Centre (OC);
- Supporting Operations Staff in the OC in the familiarization with the new functionalities of the system;
- Supporting Operations Staff in the OC with understanding and interpreting alarms and messages on the VSS HMI, Automation server and Train Control Systems;
- Providing support to Operations Staff in the OC in the application of degraded mode operational procedures;
- Reporting - provide progress reports as required by:
- Attending project meetings;
- Daily tracking of all ATO associated mainline runs via 'run-sheet' logs with supporting data made up of in-service monitoring data, failures trend and fault analysis and technical issues;
- Ensuring all activities undertaken comply with applicable HSE laws and HSE policies and procedures including the reporting of all safety incidents using Company procedures.
- Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/ University Degree.
This role requires a qualified and experienced Engineer with at least four (4)+ years' working experience in a similar role dealing with rail signalling software, and must have the following:
- Demonstrated capacity to write reports and prepare engineering documentation;
- Knowledge of On-Board railway signalling systems and practice, gained through experience within the Railway Signalling Industry;
- Capacity to assist in the design and construction of railway signalling systems projects is desirable;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel to an intermediate level
- Knowledge of quality processes;
- Flexible to travel;
- Current drivers licence;
- Capacity to pass the Drug & Alcohol screening, medicals and health surveillance as required by the project