Job description WANT A CAREER? JOIN HITACHI!
You are invited to apply to this Permanent Full Time role to join a dynamic work environment with the opportunity to make a difference and develop your career.
You will support the Supply planning activities within bidding or project team, driving on-time delivery (materials and services) aligned with project schedule and critical milestones. Benefits and perks
Skills and experience
- Career and Professional Development.
- Access to Hitachi STS Academy
- Great team and culture
- Free parking on-site
- Additional 2 Days off per year sponsored by the Company - Hitachi Days Off
The key skills and experience
we are seeking are as follow:
- Complete understanding of estimation and performing the task of the overall external costs on 'high complex' Bids.
- Document and assess the external cost planning and forecast (for materials, services, packages and subcontractors during the project execution phase
- Issuing and distribution Supply Plan for the relevant project.
- Issuing of the Purchase Requests for all materials, external services, packages and subcontractor aligned with Project schedule requirement.
- "Launch of the production" on the basis of project requirements (Transfer orders, Purchase orders, advance demand) and develop project material delivery (including spare parts and repairing of failed material) in accordance with the project schedule by coordinating all planning & logistics activities globally.
- Ensure the monitoring and reporting on supplier performances (including logistic provider) in terms of production, FAT, lead time, shipment , project warehouse management and compliance with contractual requirements- upstream.
- Identification and implementation of project mitigation actions due to the risk of potential misalignments of the supplier performances in comparison with the contractual requirements (delays in material FAT and/or delivery)
- Review, process and monitor subcontractors claims based on the project milestones / labour hire, creation of a SES (Service Entry Sheet) and issue signed Work Progress Certificate (WPC).
- Work directly with contracting team, project managers, department leads, buyers, and engineers to ensure all projects milestones are supported and achieved.
- Experience in leading small team, support on the job training, maintain team cohesiveness and perform one-on-one coaching.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or other related Engineering field
- 5+ years' experience in Supply Chain Management roles within an engineering and preferably project environment
- Working knowledge S&OP process & MRP advance knowledge.
- Advance Excel and professional in Microsoft Office package
- Rail sector knowledge is an advantage
- Strong knowledge and understanding of requirements of planning, inventory management techniques and general contract knowledge to manage downstream sub-contractors
- Ability to be self-directed to work toward corporate and business unit objectives
- Experience in Cost analysis methodologies and process for cost controlling /budgeting
- APICS or CIPS certification desired.
- Negotiation skills with internal and external stakeholders