Community of Madrid,
Job ID: 44952
Date Posted: Jan 17, 2020
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi Europe S.A. (Spain)
Profession (Job Category): Project Engineering
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Deputy Site Service Manager (Radiotherapy)
Hitachi Europe S.A. in Spain is searching for a Deputy Site Service Manager to join the Particle Therapy Systems Division (*).
The successful candidate will receive training in Spain for a few years although the future work location is not limited to Spain but worldwide. Willingness of international relocation is highly required.
The Deputy Site Service Manager will support Site Manager in daily technical operation and maintenance of the Particle Beam Therapy (PBT) system installed at clinical and/or research centres. Along with the Site Manager, he or she leads a team “Service and Maintenance Organization (SMO)” and supervise its activities.
The position requires electrical/mechanical knowledge and relevant work experience. Experience as a Site Manager or Project Manager is highly preferred but not a must since the training will be provided.
Must to be proficient in Japanese and English.
(*) The PBT System is the most advanced radiotherapy system composed of a particle accelerator, rotating gantry and its control systems etc.
· Support the Site Manager to direct SMO and its activities
· Plan and supervise SMO’s activities to ensure daily operation and accurate maintenance service
· Select and coordinate subcontractor activities including procurement and outsourcing services
· Manage and monitor both technical and administrative records and documents
· Respond to calls for service support and emergencies 24/7
· Communicate and collaborate with the customer, relevant Hitachi departments and vendors
· Adopt new technology, products and processes in daily operations
· Perform test, inspection, adjustment of PBT equipment
· Develop a complete working knowledge of PBT system
· Comply with all regulatory standards and requirements such as, applicable laws, regulations and company policies.
Associate degree or Technical Certification in Engineering or a related discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Field Measurement, etc.)
· 5+ years of experience in the following:
- Site Manager (preferred)
- Management of team and its activities
- Mechanical, electrical and control system
- Maintenance or QA/QC of industrial plants, medical devices or nuclear power equipment
· Proven skill in reading and correctly interpreting various engineering documents (schematics, wiring, diagrams, piping diagrams, etc.)
· Working knowledge of electronic test and measurement instruments (DVM, oscilloscope, micrometers, etc.)
· Leadership in cross-functional team
· Organizational management skills
· Strong communication and problem-solving skills
· Flexibility in working hours, shift patterns and on-call duty
· Familiarity with working in area of high-voltage, radiation and electromagnetic
· Ability to work at 10+ meters height and to lift to 32kg repeatedly and safely
· Basic knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and latest PC technology
· Proficiency in Japanese and English (required), Spanish (preferred)